Bioinformatics: Technologies and Global Markets
The global bioinformatics market was valued at nearly $2.8 billion in 2011, nearly $3.2 billion in 2012, and is forecast to grow to nearly $7.5 billion by 2017 after increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.7%.
- An overview of the global market for bioinformatics.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Technological descriptions and patenting trends in bioinformatics.
- Examination of the economic environment affecting the deployment of bioinformatics.
- Discussion of other influential factors, such as R&D spending in the pharmaceutical sector, the growth of agrobiotechnology, and the expanded use of microbial genomics.
The scope of the study encompasses the global bioinformatic market based on geography, category and application. It provides a detailed analysis of recent advances in ‘omic technologies and examines their impact on the bioinformatics market. It discusses the ways in which bioinformatics have been utilized by the pharma and biotech industries to streamline the research and development (R&D) process and improve efficiencies. It provides a detailed analysis of leading countries, companies and technologies that will drive the field forward.
Dr. C.L. Barton has more than 10 years’ practical pharmaceutical research experience with a leading pharmaceutical company and has served as a Pan-European Pharmaceutical analyst with a European bank. Dr. C. L. Barton Ltd. aims to provide independent, tailor-made, pharmaceutical thematic research to investment houses. Research reports combine independent scientific analysis with patients- and prescription-based models to forecast the potential sales growth of key developmental drugs and to isolate the key drivers within the pharmaceutical sector. For further information, visit www.pharmavision.co.uk