The global market for sealants and sealant applicators is expected to reach nearly $19.1 billion in 2013. This market is further projected to increase from $19.8 billion in 2014 to $24.1 billion by 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4% for the period of 2014 to 2019.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global sealants and sealant applications market.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013 and 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for the period 2014 to 2019.
- Information on product life styles and technology life styles (TLC) of various types of sealants and methods employed by manufacturers and users in maintaining an ecological balance.
- A breakdown of not only global but regional markets for sealants, with the purpose of locating newer markets and expanding the present market position for various types of sealants.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
GLOBAL MARKET FOR SEALANTS AND SEALANT APPLICATORS, 2012-2019
Source: BCC Research
Download Report Overview
A sealant is a soft, pliable material that is used to seal cracks of joints where structural strength is not required. The sealant, initially fluid or semi–fluid, placed between two opposing solid materials, becomes solid itself (by solvent evaporation or chemical reaction), bonds to the surfaces it is applied to and accommodates joint movement. It prevents excessive absorption of adhesive or penetration of liquid or gaseous substances. A sealant has the adhesive and cohesive properties to form a seal and is used to create an impenetrable barrier to gas or moisture.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report studies the global as well as regional markets for sealants, with the purpose of locating newer markets and expanding the present market position for various types of sealants. A realistic forecast has been made for the future market of various types of sealants.
The various technologies involved in the manufacture of different types of sealants are studied, including the value of such products produced and utilized globally as well as in different regions during the last year and the forecast for the next five years. The applications for each type of sealant are examined in order to establish the global and regional usage of different types of sealants and a future forecast has been made for such applications.
The report also studies the product life cycle and technology life cycle (TLC) of various types of sealants and methods employed by various manufacturers and users in maintaining ecological balance. Various types of new sealants recently developed, which are becoming more popular in different applications, are also studied. Finally, the report profiles various major manufacturers and suppliers of sealants, as well as any pertinent mergers and acquisitions in this field.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Successful operation of any company in a competitive market depends upon the identification of product opportunities from the viewpoint of the company’s strengths. For this, it is necessary to understand the size and growth rate of any opportunity and the competitive atmosphere in which the company exists. This report presents the ideal medium to understand the various exciting and growing opportunities in the field of sealants and will help any prospective manufacturer, distributor, or even end user, to succeed in this growing field.
This report is intended to help marketing managers identify new market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for sealants. Research and development (R&D) professionals can use the information in this report to stay on top of competitor initiatives and explore demand for sealants to develop new products and for new applications. Advertising agencies working with clients in the sealants industry will be able to understand the products to develop messages and images that will influence consumers to purchase these products. Business development executives can use this report to understand the dynamics of the market and identify possible new markets. This report can be used by information and research center librarians to provide market researchers and brand and product managers with the data they need to do their jobs more effectively.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report has been prepared in a simple format that can be easily understood with a number of tables and charts/figures. The scope of the report includes a detailed study of global and regional markets for various types of sealants, with the reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions. The report also studies the various types of equipment used for applying sealants, and the global and regional market for these.
INFORMATION SOURCES AND METHODOLOGY
The primary sources for the report are interviews (personal/telephonic) with personnel in connected companies and industry. The secondary sources for the report include the following:
- Financial reports and balance sheets of various companies involved.
- Reports of and analysis from various industry associations connected with the subject.
- Technical articles from various sites online.
- Market reports from various sources.
The basic assumptions made while preparing the report are as follows:
- The world economy will continue without any major upheaval.
- There will not be any major natural disasters, like the earthquake and tsunami in Japan, which affected Japan's economy.
- No major war or armed uprisings.
- The industry and consumption will continue to prosper in the same manner and the growth trend will be maintained in the period under consideration.
Srinivasa Rajaram is a mechanical engineer with more than 40 years of experience in senior positions in multinational organizations in the fields of weighing, dynamic balancing, and machine monitoring. He has designed layouts for these types of products for a number of manufacturing units.
BCC ON-LINE SERVICES
BCC Research offers an online information retrieval service. Its home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine the complete BCC Research catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Read announcements of recently published reports.
- Register for its well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC research product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and is of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice, nor should it be considered as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.
Download Report Overview