Energy Management Information Systems: Global Markets
The global EMIS market has grown to nearly $57.5 billion in 2014. This market is expected to grow at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8% from 2015 to 2020, to $59.9 billion in 2015 and nearly $72.1 billion in 2020.
- An overview of the global market for EMIS, covering its major segments: Industrial, business, governmental, and residential.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015 and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Definitions, EMIS functions, and enabling technologies.
- Lists of developers and suppliers of EMIS products.
- Key patents.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
The study covers the major segments of the EMIS market, which are defined as:
The study addresses the major enabling technologies for the various types of home automation products, such as:
- Wiring and networking devices.
- User interface devices.
- Actuators and output devices (e.g., dimmers, automated window coverings, dampers, etc.).
The study format includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- EMIS functions.
- Enabling technologies.
- Market environment (economic conditions, consumer attitudes).
- Current (2014) and projected market for home automation technologies and products through 2020.
- Developers and suppliers of EMIS products.
- Key patents.
While the main focus of the report is on the U.S. market, it also analyzes international markets for EMIS products and services.
Andrew McWilliams, the author of this updated report, is a partner in the Boston-based international technology and marketing consulting firm 43rd Parallel LLC. He is the author of numerous other BCC Research business opportunity analyses, including reports on related areas such as EGY065C Enabling Technologies for the Smart Grid; IAS031C The U.S. Market for Home Automation and Security Technologies; ENV011A The U.S. Market for Clean Technologies; ENV003E U.S. Indoor Air Quality Market; and ENV007B The U.S. Market for Green Building Materials.