Energy Retrofits for Commercial and Public Buildings: Global Markets
BCC Research estimates the global conventional energy retrofits market for public buildings and private commercial buildings to grow from $85.1 billion in 2015 to nearly $132.3 billion by 2020, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.2%.
- An overview of the global markets for energy retrofits for commercial and public buildings
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020
- Coverage of how the growth of public buildings and private commercial buildings is likely to affect building energy consumption in different regions of the world
- Various energy retrofit technologies and assessments of their emissions reduction potential
- Information on emerging technologies that could compete with or replace existing technologies in use for these applications
- Relevant patent analysis
- Technology vendor profiles
This report provides a detailed review of the global market for technologies utilized in the manufacture and use of energy retrofit technologies in building applications. To help the audience fully understand the market opportunity for energy retrofit technologies in building applications, the report is first geographically-segmented into the following regions, with multiple countries individually analyzed:
- North America.
- Asia-Pacific (APAC).
- European Union (EU).
For each country and its respective geographical region, the report analyzes key market traits, market drivers and industry-specific attributes to effectively explain the market opportunity for energy retrofit technologies used in public and private commercial building applications, including:
- Floor space (by building segment).
- Energy consumption (by building segment).
- Energy expenditures (by building segment).
- Energy retrofit expenditures (by building segment, building type and energy retrofit technology).
The remainder of the study utilizes all gathered data to estimate the market for conventional retrofits by geographical region, country and technology for the following energy retrofit technologies:
- HVAC equipment.
- Energy-efficient lighting equipment.
- Energy-efficient sub-meters.
- Green roofs.
Additional markets examined in the report, segmented by geographical region, country and/or technology, include:
- Energy cost savings due to retrofitting (by building segment).
- Retro-commissioning (by country).
- Manufacturing value of conventional retrofits (by technology).
- Energy service companies (by country).
The report format includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- Key enabling technologies for energy retrofit technologies used in building applications, and their commercial or developmental status.
- Developments that will influence commercial prospects/demand for energy retrofit technologies.
- Key patent and patent application analyses.
- Government programs and policies in support of energy retrofit technologies.
- Technology vendor profiles, including manufacturers and related service providers.
- Global trends and projections in the market for energy retrofit technologies by technology, product type, application, building segment and geographical region, from 2014 to 2020.
Erik Vickstrom is a senior management consultant with a U.S.-based boutique management consulting firm. He has experience working with both small engineering firms and Fortune 200 companies on the commercial verification of emerging technologies; on business model development and commercialization plans with technologies in the energy, materials, electronics, manufacturing and environmental markets; and assisting private equity firms with acquisitions in the industrials space. Prior to his current role, Erik worked with small- to large-size companies, focusing on new enterprise development and business strategy in various stages. Erik received his degrees (MBA, M.A., and B.S.) from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Ill., where he also conducted his postgraduate work and studies.
- Energy Retrofits for Commercial and Public Buildings: Global Markets (EGY074B).
- Building-Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV) Technologies and Global Markets (EGY072C).
- 3-D Scanning: Technologies and Global Markets (IAS090B)
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficient Technologies in Building Applications (ENV035A)