Renewable Energy: Technologies and Global Markets
In terms of revenue, the global renewable energy market (excluding biofuels) reached $432.7 billion in 2013 and $476.3 billion in 2014. This market is expected to increase to $777.6 billion in 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.3% from 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global market for renewable energy and related applications and technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Coverage of the major sources of renewable energy as primary fuels including: hydroelectric, wind, solar, liquid biofuels for transportation, geothermal, and oceanic sources (wave, tidal and thermal).
- Examination of the impact on the renewable energy market brought about by the surging global demand for energy, the impact of climate change on alternative fuels, improvements in technology, and the availability of new materials.
- Information on how each source of renewable energy may employ differing technologies, have differing constraints, and offer different possibilities to different classes of users.
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the field.
The scope of this report is intentionally wide. We cover the major sources of renewable energy as primary fuels—hydroelectric, wind, solar, geothermal and oceanic sources (wave, tidal and thermal) and liquid biofuels for transportation. There is no shortage in the marketplace of reports on each of these sources. However, what existing reports lack and what this report is intended to provide is a global perspective that places each source in a relevant context for decision makers in both the public and private sectors.
Maya Agnani has been a market research analyst for many years and published numerous reports on technology products and market issues. She has broad experience with energy and consumer-centric issues.