U.S. Medical Waste Treatment, Containment, Management and Disposal Markets
The U.S. medical waste treatment, containment management and disposal market was valued at $2 billion in 2007 and is expected to reach $2.5 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach nearly $3.2 billion in 2017 after increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8%.
- An overview of the market for various types of medical waste treatment, containment, management, and disposal products, with current and potential applications for each
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2011, estimates for 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017
- Discussion of technological issues, including the latest developments
- Examination of the increased regulatory requirements for incineration methods and an overview of services and containment options used by healthcare companies in the United States
- Assessments of the risks of contact with medical waste
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players
This study will be a helpful business tool, providing a thorough evaluation of the regulated medical waste market. Its geographic scope is U.S. based, with supplemental data for international regions. The report identifies markets in three general segments:
- Medical waste treatment.
- Medical waste containment.
- Medical waste management and disposal.
Each market segment provides detailed information based on product categories, product use, forecasts, and competitive analyses.
The study focuses on alternative methods of medical waste treatment due to the increased regulatory requirements for incineration methods and provides an overview of services and containment options utilized by health care companies in the United States.
Products discussed only provide overviews and examples of systems or services on the market. This is not a comprehensive list of providers or manufacturers.
Melissa Elder is an experienced healthcare market analyst specializing in prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and emerging healthcare technologies. Ms. Elder has nearly 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry, specializing in market research for the past 14 years. This experience has given her substantial insight into pharmaceutical market analysis. Her work in the medical community, including emergency room medical training and healthcare information system coordination, has enhanced her ability to provide insight into many healthcare markets.