The total market for antiaging products and services was valued at $249.3 billion in 2012. This is expected to increase to nearly $261.9 billion by the end of 2013 and $345.8 billion in 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% between 2013 and 2018.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for antiaging products and services, including definitions and measurements for the baby boomer population.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Discussion of individual antiaging markets, products and services, anti-aging applications, technologies, and regions in the context of baby boomer demographics.
- Examination of the market structure and competitive landscape.
GLOBAL SALES OF ANTIAGING PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, 2011-2018
Source: BCC Research
Download Report Overview
STUDY GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
This BCC Research report, Antiaging Products and Services: The Global Market, provides an overview of products included in this market and detailed analyses of markets and competitive environments. The study includes information regarding significant products, players, issues, trends, and other information affecting the aging industry: both cosmetic and disease treatment markets.
The study is designed:
- To define and measure the global antiaging market, specifically for the baby boomer (or roughly over age 50) population.
- To identify market opportunities in this antiaging market, categorized into health maintenance, disease treatment, beauty, and personal appearance.
- To measure antiaging markets that could be better understood by stakeholders in terms of their own respective sales offerings.
- To strategically analyze individual antiaging markets, products and services, technology, and regions in context of aging demographics.
- To identify market trends, gaps, and opportunities.
- To strategically analyze the market structure and competitive landscape, profiling in detail all the top companies in the micro market of antiaging.
REASONS FOR DOING THIS STUDY
The antiaging market is categorized distinctively into boomers (the population born between 1946 and 1965) and the youth antiaging market. These markets differ in terms of products and service offerings, market structure, and positioning. This report has been focused on the boomer antiaging market, which is a more mature market and controls 75% of the total antiaging market. The worldwide population of more than 500 million aging consumers is growing at 3.3%, compared to the general population, which is growing at 1.1%, making the over age 65 population more attractive for antiaging companies. The over age 65 group is increasing in its numbers each decade, for example in 2000 the over age 65 population accounted for just about 6% of the total population, by 2010 it was 7%, in 2020 we can expect it will increase to 10% and by 2030 it will reach 12%. This is something that many companies will find it difficult to overlook.
Antiaging companies need to adapt different strategies dependent on race, gender, income level, family status, young and old boomers, insurance status, and distribution channels.
The aging market has been the largest opportunity today in the world, mainly for its higher disposable income. Therefore, all companies in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical and health care, biotech, medspa, and fitness services are strategizing to grab a piece of the double-digit growing antiaging market. In the current economic turmoil, the antiaging market can help the economy to grow and benefit the respective stakeholders.
In this report, full market estimates of the antiaging market for several segments are provided. The report will focus on three general areas of the market, and provide further analysis of each broad segment. These include:
- Antiaging cosmetic products.
- Disease treatment products.
- Cosmetic antiaging services.
CONTRIBUTION OF THE STUDY AND INTENDED AUDIENCE
The intended audience includes all the stakeholders of the antiaging market: drug and supplement companies, cosmetic companies, pharmaceutical (pharma) and health care, biotech companies, medspa companies, physical fitness companies, and nutrition companies. This includes manufacturers, retailers and super retailers, technology providers, and research and development (R&D) companies.
With its broad scope and in-depth analyses, this study will prove to be a valuable resource to anyone involved with or interested in the cosmetics, personal care, and aging disease treatment markets. This study will provide information on these areas:
- Structure and current market size of the antiaging product and services market as outlined with forecasts through 2018.
- Impact of diseases in the aging population.
- Current product suppliers and some of their technologies.
- An in-depth market evaluation of the antiaging skin and hair product market.
- The antiaging disease treatment market: focusing on bone and joint care; cardiovascular and respiratory disease; central nervous system disorders; endocrine disease; sexual dysfunction and eye care in the aging population.
- A look at the cosmetic procedure service industry and its value.
- Markets for United States, Europe, Asia Pacific and rest of world.
- Product patent trends relating to reversing or limiting the signs of aging.
- Profiles for more than 20 companies in the industry with significant contributions and market shares.
Since the study provides business and technical information of a timely nature, it will prove valuable to a variety of readers, including industry executives, managers and planners, researchers, industry analysts, and investors. The projections, forecasts, and trend analyses found in this report provide readers with the necessary data and information for careful decision-making.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
This report is focused on the aging population, which is the largest user of antiaging products and services. The report is a full breakdown of the antiaging market, broken up by antiaging maintenance, beauty, and treatment markets. The report covers both products and services affecting specifically the aging demographics.
Each section will provide market data, market drivers, trends and opportunities, top-selling products or suppliers, and general market outlook. The report will provide roughly 100 market tables and figures that give complete insight into the market, along with 20 company profiles. All market tables are categorized by geographic region, supplier, and product categories. In total more than 130 tables and figures are used to review and illustrate the market for antiaging products and services.
All market data pertains to the global market at the manufacturers’ level. Data are expressed in current U.S. dollars. The base year of the report is 2013, with historical data provided for 2011 and 2012 and forecast data provided through 2018. Historical, base year, and forecast data are provided for each market segment of the report. Competitor market shares are provided for the 2012 year to reflect actual figures.
METHODOLOGY AND INFORMATION SOURCES
All the market data will consist of aggregate sales figures of all submarkets within antiaging. We analyzed most of the new product launches in the antiaging market and studied over 1,000 news items. We researched all the technology patents over the last 5 years, and documented antiaging claims to get an in-depth understanding of the health benefits of products. The report will focus on the antiaging market rather than the technical aspects of the industry. We analyze key market developments of all the top 100 companies in this segment and profile leaders. Both primary and secondary data collection methods were used for this report. Information was gathered through paid and unpaid secondary sources including published literature in the area of cosmetic products and surgery, investment reports, company literature, and various industry journals.
Primary research was conducted wherever required to get a more in-depth understanding of the facts and facets of the industry. Primary methods included interviews with approximately 30 key executives, product managers, and clinical specialists involved in the cosmetic and reconstructive surgery industry.
Melissa Elder is an experienced healthcare market analyst, specializing in prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals, medical devices and emerging healthcare technologies. Ms. Elder has over 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry, specializing in market research for the past 15 years. This experience has given her substantial insight into pharmaceutical market analysis. Her work in the medical community, including emergency room medical training and healthcare information system coordination, has enhanced her ability to provide insight into many healthcare markets.
BCC ON-LINE SERVICES
BCC Research offers an online information retrieval service. Its home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine the complete BCC Research catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC Research’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for its well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC research product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice, nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.
Download Report Overview