Global market for endoscopy was totaled nearly $26.3 billion in 2012. Market is projected to reach nearly $27.7 billion in 2013, and this is anticipated to increase to $37.3 billion by 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2%.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for endoscopy services and equipment by product, company, and geography.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2009 to 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Reviews of endoscope products by their various applications and trends in innovation and sales.
- Examination of the competitive environment, with a special focus on how developing products and technologies are influencing the current standard of patient care.
- Information for business planners, acquisitions specialists, licensing strategists, product managers, market research analysts, investors, investor consultants and anyone interested in the Endoscopy market.
TOTAL ENDOSCOPY MARKET, BY SEGMENT, 2009-2018
Source: BCC Research
Download Report Overview
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the global market for endoscopy services and equipment. The report will review global markets for endoscope products by their various applications and will forecast trends in innovation and sales in these markets through the year 2018. A range of information will be discussed, including detailed analyses of emerging markets in India and Asia, new products pipelines and new applications for endoscopic technology, and overall industry trends. This information will allow the reader to evaluate and quantify the current market size for specific endoscopic technologies within the overall growing biomedical/pharmaceutical technology market. Forecasts and trends have been developed from a variety of data, including industry sources, company publications, industry benchmarks, and other data sources. Major endoscopy applications, technologies, geographies, and factors influencing the demand for endoscopy services and products will be discussed.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
The overall medical device market is very large; endoscopy is a significant component of that market. For companies with an effective strategy, market opportunity awaits. However, the ability to develop an effective strategy begins where opportunity exists and ends with effective execution and capturing profit from the opportunity.
The endoscopy market is positioned for significant growth in the next five years. This is due, in part, to new applications for the technology, as well as new innovations in the technology itself. The other major factor that will contribute to this growth is the recognition of this technology in emerging markets like Japan and Vietnam. Continued worldwide growth is expected in other geographic areas due to a growing middle class in countries such as India, China, Brazil and Russia.
This report addresses critically important topics for analyzing a changing market dynamic, emerging players and technologies, strategies for accessing these emerging markets, and specific disease segments and geographies in order to allow allocation of resources and make effective decisions.
SCOPE OF REPORT
Current and projected endoscopy revenue forecasts during the forecast period (2013 to 2018) are discussed. Endoscopy devices require U.S. Food and Drug Administration FDA premarket manufacturing notification (PMN) approval, European Union Medical Device Directive European Conformity (CE Mark) approval, or similar approvals in other countries. Regulation on endoscopic devices is rigid in terms of proving proof of product safety and efficacy before sale to the medical community. Due to the timing of the release of this report, the figures for 2013 are estimated, except where actual results have been reported.
The report includes analysis of the leading competitors, as well as emerging companies in the current worldwide endoscopy market. Profiles of the manufacturers of the leading products are analyzed, their specific product strategies are outlined, and their pipeline of products is discussed. This report looks at companies poised to introduce new products during the forecast period and discusses how these products may change the face of the competitive environment. This competitive environment is examined with special focus on how developing products and technologies are influencing the current standard of patient care. Detailed profiles of the current market leaders and emerging companies are discussed in detail.
Market figures are based on revenues at the manufacturers’ level and are projected in 2012-dollar value. Inflation is not calculated in the projection figures. Trends are assessed based on a number of parameters, including projected sales for existing products, new product introductions, expanded indications for existing products, and finally, for projected changes in the prevalence, diagnosis, and scripting rates for certain diseases.
Included in this report are forecasts by product, disease category, and by company for the period from 2013 through 2018. The report is arranged to provide an overview of the endoscopy market by product, company and geography. Forecasts are broken down by geographic region or by country. The worldwide market is analyzed and data provided for each disease sub-segment.
Sales figures are reported in U.S. dollars and in each case reflect currency fluctuations within the performance of revenue change. Revenue figures do not account for variation in local currencies.
All market share data presented is on a global basis unless specifically noted.
This report is an invaluable tool for business planners, acquisitions specialists, licensing strategists, product managers, market research analysts, investors, investor consultants and anyone interested in the Endoscopy market, its products, its industry participants, and its future.
The importance of identifying overall market trends, product opportunities, emerging geographies, merger and acquisition (M&A) opportunities, and insights that provide guidance for sales growth or defensive moves cannot be overstated for a variety of constituents, including:
- Established companies in the industry shall benefit from the contents, including corporate strategy, sales and marketing, business development, and research and development.
- Emerging companies in this medical device segment must understand specific opportunities for out-licensing, originating from the elements of differentiation of their product or technology as compared to leading, competitive, and emerging therapies. As well, market forecasts can support investment, provided a thorough and detailed substantiation is provided for the market forecast, as is found in this study.
- Investment firms evaluating candidates for venture capital or hedged investments will gain insights as to the opportunity and risks that are being encountered in the industry in a product and company specific analysis.
- Equity analysts are provided with detailed forecasts for the next five years, substantiated by quantitative analysis that can support further analysis to product and company forecasts over the short and long run.
METHODOLOGY AND INFORMATION SOURCES
In-depth interviews were conducted with leading experts in the field who are executives in companies, industry analysts, and leading medical practitioners in the field.
The overall endoscopy sector is comprised of a variety of fast-growing and independent segments. For completeness, the current and forecasted markets are comprised of the total market opportunity for each respective segment. Within each subsection, there is a detailed forecast for each driving mechanism or relevant area of growth.
Information to prepare this report was obtained from participating and emerging companies in the endoscopy area, the American Urological Association; the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; Arthroscopy Association of North America; American Society of Gastroenterology; and American Academy of Otolaryngology. Information also came from articles published in medical journals such as the The Journal of Endoscopy, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy, Digestive Endoscopy, Circulation, Lancet, and others. Other information originated from the World Health Organization and other government agencies, literature searches, annual reports, 10Ks, and others. Population estimates are based on those reported by the international database of the U.S. Census Bureau.
Current and historical revenue figures for individual products have been sourced from company disclosures that exist in the public domain or from government sources.
Jackson Highsmith is a life sciences research consultant with more than 16 years of research experience. Jackson has been consulting with specialty pharmaceuticals and large pharmaceutical industry players since 2007. Prior to that, he worked at a large research consultancy where he focused on in-depth research; he also has worked at a large pharmaceutical company dealing with a wide range of medical therapeutics in early and midstage drug development.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC Research offers an online information retrieval service. Its home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine the complete BCC Research catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC Research’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for its well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC research product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice, nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is of a speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.
Download Report Overview