The global intravascular ultrasound technology (IVUS) products market reached $483.7 million in 2012. The market is expected to reach $702 million in 2017 for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.7%.
This report provides:
- An overview and comprehensive analysis of the changing dynamics of the global market for intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) tools and equipment, a rapidly growing medical imaging technology
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2010 and 2011, estimates for 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017
- Examination of market drivers, restraints, opportunities and/or challenges
- Market segmentation by product (IVUS devices, catheters, and consoles)
- Discussion of the competitive environment, including a cost-benefit analysis, technology adoption in emerging economies, and key innovations
- Patent analysis
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
GLOBAL IVUS PRODUCTS MARKET BY REGION, 2010-2017
Source: BCC Research
Download Report Overview
This study measures, forecasts and segments the intravascular ultrasound technology (IVUS) market on the basis of products, applications and end users. Geographic analyses of all these markets are also provided in the study. The key products captured in the study include:
- IVUS consoles (including integrated and cart version consoles).
- IVUS catheters (including mechanical/rotatory and static electric/phased array catheters).
- Accessories (pullback devices, guidewires and introducer sheaths, and other accessories).
The key applications covered in the study include the following.
- Coronary applications
- Diagnostic applications (including lesion characterization/decision on PCI sizing and strategy; assessment of angiographically indeterminate lesions or lesion significance; and other coronary IVUS diagnostic applications).
- Interventional applications (including guidance for angioplasty; guidance for plaque modification; stent thrombosis and restenosis; and other interventional clinical coronary applications).
- Research (including drug discovery and development; angioplasty/stents evaluation; atherosclerosis process and others).
- Noncoronary/peripheral applications (including diagnostic, interventional and research applications).
The key end users captured in the study include the following.
- Stand-alone labs.
- Research centers and organizations (research work conducted by academic or medical schools is covered in this section).
- Commercial organizations.
The key geographic regions according to which the markets are segmented include:
- Asia and ROW.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal of this study is to provide industry participants insights on the IVUS market scenario, both in terms of quantitative as well as qualitative data, which could help them to gain market insights in order to develop business/growth strategies, analyze their position in the current market scenario and make key business decisions in the IVUS market. In particular, the objectives of the study are the following.
- To provide comprehensive analysis of IVUS products, applications and end-user segments.
- To identify the market dynamics of each key market and the relevant business impact thereof.
- To provide market forecasting of products, applications and end users by their respective segments and by the geographic regions mentioned above.
- To report and analyze key market developments.
- To highlight and analyze market trends, drivers, restraints and opportunities.
- To provide key recommendations.
- To analyze each key geographic region listed above and understand its drivers and restraints.
- To provide the market shares of key market players, and analyze the competitive scenario of the market.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) is a rapidly growing medical imaging technology, which holds immense potential pertaining to its ability to address unmet requirements in the earlier detection and intervention of coronary artery diseases. Moreover, the popularity of this technology has surged due to its proven advantages (as indicated by some international clinical studies) over traditional angiography. In addition to this, an aging population and rising chronic disease (such as cardiac disease) population is also fueling the market’s growth. However, the high cost of IVUS devices/products coupled with the growing need of cost-effective treatment worldwide is restricting the potential market growth. On the other side, different reimbursement scenarios for such devices depict varying degrees of penetration of this technology worldwide. This report presents such issues that are driving and constraining the market growth and probable solutions that can address such concerns. This report also highlights key market strategies, trends and recommendations in addition to providing the quantitative assessment of the market that can help manufacturers and suppliers understand the growth potential of different market segments.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report includes only those products, applications and end users that are listed above, and segments the global market by four regions as listed above. The scope of the report includes the following.
- Key market analysis.
- Strategic recommendations.
- Market dynamics (drivers, restraints and opportunities).
- Forecasted market estimation for 2012 through 2017.
- Competitive developments and landscape.
- Geographical analysis.
- Market share of leading market players.
- Profiles of key market players.
The key audience for this study includes:
- IVUS product developers and manufacturers.
- IVUS market start-ups.
- Academic and commercial research organizations.
- Consulting firms.
- Medical imaging market information database developers.
This report will enable the audience to understand and gain insights of the current and changing market scenario. The data provided can help users understand which market segments (products, applications and end users) are expected to growth at higher rates, factors driving growth, factors limiting the growth, key opportunity areas and so on.
INFORMATION SOURCES AND METHODOLOGY
Because of the nature of the markets involved in this report, the markets were assessed in the top-down method. The content provided in this report including market numbers and forecasts was prepared based on both primary and secondary research methodologies. Market dynamics, qualitative information and views of industry participants were also taken into consideration while forecasting and measuring the market values. Historic and base numbers were derived from primary and secondary methodology. Macro markets were further divided into micro markets in consultation with views of different industry participants. The average of the range of the estimates gathered from primary research was taken, and later validated from, secondary and primary sources. Similarly, data on PCI numbers, IVUS procedures and IVUS penetration rates were gathered both from primary and secondary research. The primary research included interviews and discussions with key industry participants, key opinion leaders and some subject matter experts including healthcare professionals or technicians (such as nurses, doctors, lab technicians). Secondary data were collected from free sources such as Google search, company websites, industry reports and paid sources such as Key notes, Factiva, LexisNexis, etc.
In this market study, IVUS use is segmented into three sections at the micro level: research, diagnostics and intervention. Some of the applications categorized under the intervention section may seem to be part of diagnostics; thus, such categories named in this market study are subject to the definitions of each market segment of diagnostics and intervention categories.
Himani Singhi Wadhwa has five years of experience in healthcare, biotechnology and life sciences business research and consulting. She also holds a postgraduate degree in business analysis and consulting from the U.K. She has written several syndicated market and business reports in the life sciences domain. She authored the BCC report HLC129A: MEMS Devices in Global Medical Markets.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC Research offers an online information retrieval service. Its home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine the complete BCC Research catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC Research’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for its well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC research product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice, nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is of a speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.
Download Report Overview