Telemedicine: Opportunities for Medical and Electronic Providers
The global telemedicine market is expected to grow from $9.8 billion in 2010 to $23 billion in 2015, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.6% over the next 5 years.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report focuses on global markets for telemedicine technologies and services. The discussion is organized into nine chapters and appendices, as shown below:
- Telemedicine Overview
- Telemedicine Technologies and Markets (including analysis of key patents)
- Telemedicine Services
- Telemedicine Applications
- Economics of Telemedicine
- Opportunities Analysis
- Consolidation and Ownership Trends
- Profiles of Important Players
- List of Telemedicine Programs Studied
- Allowable Telemedicine Providers and Services for Medicaid Reimbursement
- Medicaid Reimbursement Mechanisms for Telemedicine
The author of the original report on which this update is based is Sandeep Sugla. Sandeep holds a bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering and has 6 years of research experience in pharmaceuticals, healthcare, medical equipment, and biotechnology.
The analyst responsible for updating the report is Andrew McWilliams, a partner at 43rd Parallel LLC, a Boston-based international technology and marketing consulting firm. Mr. McWilliams is the author of numerous BCC Research studies, including many related to telemedicine, including HLC054B Home Medical Equipment: Technologies and Global Markets, HLC082A Emerging Markets for Advanced Medical Technologies, HLC066A Medical Automation Technologies, Products, and Markets, HLC048B Healthcare Information Technology, and HLC038C Patient Monitoring.