Pharmacy Automation: Technologies and Global Markets
The global inpatient and outpatient pharmacy automation market has grown to nearly $3.8 billion in 2016 from $3.5 billion in 2015. The market is expected to grow at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.9% from 2016 to 2021, increasing to $5.5 billion in 2021.
- An overview of the global markets for pharmacy automation and related technologies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021
- A market breakdown of inpatient pharmacy automation into acute-care settings and long-term care settings
- A market breakdown of outpatient pharmacy automation into fast-track clinical settings, hospital retail settings, pharmacy benefit management services, and retail pharmacy chains
- A look at the impact of chronic diseases, and growing and aging populations
- Technology patent trends relating to automating processes in the pharmacy environment
- Profiles of major players in the industry
This BCC Research report is designed to be a helpful business tool that will provide a thorough evaluation of the global pharmacy automation market. The geographical scope is global with special emphasis on the United States and developed Europe, with supplemental data covering other geographical markets and trends. The report identifies pharmacy automation markets by inpatient and outpatient pharmacy settings, and by product type. Within the global pharmacy automation market, there are two general pharmacy settings, each having other subsettings:
- Inpatient pharmacy automation.
- Acute-care settings.
- Long-term care settings.
- Outpatient pharmacy automation.
- Outpatient/fast-track clinical settings.
- Hospital retail settings.
- Pharmacy benefit management services and other mail-order settings.
- Retail pharmacy chains.
Each segment is further reviewed to provide detailed information of current and emerging products, current market estimates and market forecasts, and competitive analyses.
Melissa Elder is an experienced healthcare market analyst, specializing in prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals, medical devices, animal health and emerging healthcare technologies. Ms. Elder has more than 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry, specializing in market research for the past 16 years. This experience has given her substantial insight into pharmaceutical and medical device market analysis. Her work in the medical community, including emergency room medical training and healthcare information system coordination, has enhanced her ability to provide insight into many healthcare markets.