The global market for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing, research and packaging was $219.9 billion in 2012. This market is estimated to reach $242.2 billion in 2013 and $374.8 billion by 2018, a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.1%.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for contract pharmaceutical manufacturing, research, and packaging, with emphasis on the current and future outlook of the market and a comprehensive analysis of the overall pharmaceutical and biotechnology outsourcing industry.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Examination of the effects on market growth of state-of-the-art packaging facilities as well as expensive research facilities and the capabilities of research organizations.
- Coverage of the market's need for outsourcing, the regulatory environment, and technological issues, including the latest trends and developments.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
GLOBAL MARKET FOR PHARMACEUTICAL AND BIOPHARMACEUTICAL CONTRACT MANUFACTURING, RESEARCH AND PACKAGING, 2011-2018
Source: BCC Research
Download Report Overview
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses contract manufacturers, contract research and contract packaging in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets. BCC analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projections and market shares. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The emerging markets for contract manufacturing research and packaging include countries such as India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
A team of professionals in the biotechnology industry carried out this study. The project manager is Shalini S. Dewan, who holds a master’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry and has more than 14 years of industry experience. Among the research topics she has covered are studies on compounds of potential pharmaceutical interest such as ibuprofen and 2-naphthyl acetic acid. Shalini was awarded a Gold Medal by the Prime Minister of India for her work and has worked with top companies in India and the U.S. Some of her other reports with BCC are: Reagents for Chromatography; Spectroscopy: An Enduring Market; Advanced Drug Delivery Systems: Technologies and Global Markets; Orthopedic Drugs, Implants and Devices; Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment; Pharmaceutical Regulatory Industry; The Dynamic Media, Sera and Reagent Market in Biotechnology; Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging: Global Markets; Chiral Technology: Global Markets; Autacoids and Related Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets; Contraceptives: Technologies and Global Markets; Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market; Hormone Replacement Therapies and Other Hormone Therapies: Global Markets; Cardiovascular Medicine: Diagnostics, Drugs and Devices; and Cancer Therapies: Technologies and Global Markets.
The lead consultant for this project was Dr. Kapil A. Setia, who holds a doctoral degree in the life sciences. She has a number of research publications to her credit, including her thesis, which was given an award of excellence.
Download Report Overview