This report provides:
- An overview of the markets for the diagnoses of and treatments for sexually transmitted diseases, including bacterial vaginosis, candidiasis, chancroid, chlamydia, genital herpes, genital warts, gonorrhea, hepatitis B, HIV/AIDS, pediculosis pubis, syphilis, and trichomoniasis.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Identifications of common STDs, citing risk factors, incidence, and mortality for each.
- Discussion of products on the market.
- A list of current and potential competitors in the market and their market shares.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
GLOBAL MARKET FOR TREATMENT AND DIAGNOSIS OF SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES, 2011 AND 2017
Source: BCC Research
Download Report Overview
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
This report provides the reader with a detailed analysis of the global sexually transmitted disease (STD) diagnostic and treatment markets. It also discusses technological developments, future trends and emerging opportunities.
The major objectives of this study are:
- To assess the technology developments.
- To identify the driving factors for demand.
- To make available the most current and reliable information on market size.
- To estimate the global supply and demand scenario broken down by disease and geographical regions.
- To estimate the growth rate in demand.
- To estimate the projected global supply and demand scenario over the next five years and to analyze it via application sectors as well as product types.
- To identify the factors influencing this industry and make appropriate recommendations.
Projections for STD diagnostic and treatment applications will be made for geographical regions including the Americas (i.e., U.S., Canada, Central America [including Mexico], South America); Europe, Middle East, Russia and Africa (EMRA); and Asia (Japan, China, India, Australia other Oceanic countries).
SCOPE OF REPORT
This market report organizes information from diverse sources into a cohesive report that includes a disease overview, industry structure, diagnostic products, pharmaceutical products, emerging technology, regulations by region and patents sections.
The data for this report was gathered from primary and secondary sources. Sources include information obtained from industry analysts; manufacturer and company reports; industry trade journals; medical journals; and industry associations. Additional information was obtained through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, The World Health Organization (WHO), the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturing Association, UNAIDS and Epocrates.
When precise information was not available, a projection was made using reasonable assumptions and estimates based on historical data. Market data is based on manufacturers’ sales.
This updated version of the STD diagnostic and treatment market report will be a valuable tool for decision makers, marketing personnel and manufacturers in both the diagnostic and pharmaceutical treatment industries. Individuals at research foundations, manufacturing companies and university laboratories will find valuable information on the global diagnostic product industries and the pharmaceutical industries.
Peggy S. Lehr holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Journalism from the University of Colorado, Boulder, and a Master of Special Studies degree in Communication from the University of Denver. Ms. Lehr has worked as a researcher, editor and publisher within the publishing industry for both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC offers an online information retrieval service. BCC’s home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice; nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or its use.
Download Report Overview