Ubiquitin Proteasome: Global Markets for Research Tools, Diagnostics and Drug Discovery
The global market for ubiquitin proteasome research and development was estimated at nearly $2.9 billion in 2013. The market should total more than $5.5 billion by 2018, and have a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.2% from 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the state of research tools, diagnostics, and drug discovery in the global ubiquitin proteasome (UPS) research field.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Discussion of existing products in the market.
- Identification of two major research trends in UPS: proteasome inhibitors versus ubiquitination reaction components as drug targets.
- This study notes the trends that are going to affect further drug development in this area.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
This report is essentially a business tool that can help market players evaluate properly new commercial opportunities in the ubiquitin proteasome space especially in the drug discovery, diagnostics and research tools submarkets. The geographic scope of this study is global. This market is generally complex and consists of a number of different segments, each of which is affected differently by scientific and technological developments. This report identifies the main positive and negative factors affecting each segment and forecasts market growth, future trends and product development in every major segment of this market.
Dr. Marianna Tcherpakov has more than eight years of experience as a bench scientist specializing in biochemistry, cell biology and industrial assay development. She has contributed to a number of scientific publications and holds several patents. She has expertise as an assay development scientist and is familiar with different research field trends and likely future developments.