Global Markets for Vaccine Technologies
Global revenue for vaccine technologies was nearly $31.8 billion in 2011. This market is expected to increase from $33.6 billion in 2012 to $43.4 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.3%.
- An overview of the global market for human and animal (veterinary) vaccines and related vaccine technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2010, 2011 and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Examination of current and future strategies within the human and animal (veterinary) vaccines markets, including attenuated (live) vaccines, inactivated (killed) vaccines, conjugate vaccines, recombinant/recombinant DNA (rDNA) vaccines, subunit vaccines, toxoid vaccines, and combination vaccines.
- A breakdown of the seven major categories of vaccines broken down by market shares belonging to leading manufacturers and/or suppliers.
- Discussion of human and animal (veterinary) vaccines as to their prophylactic or therapeutic use, with emphasis in the meningococcal/pneumococcal vaccines, influenza vaccines, pediatric vaccines, adult/adolescent vaccines, and travel vaccines.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The report studies the various factors impacting the global market for human and animal vaccines. BCC conducted a market evaluation for vaccine types/categories for humans and animals, including their respective regional sales, applications, regulatory aspects, market forecasts, prospects, innovation and challenges, patent analyses, clinical trials, market leaders and market shares of vaccine sales.
The data gathered is for the global markets and statistically validated for the current and forecasted values. Similar techniques were applied for regional data measurements and sales in the respective regions studied. Product details and scientific techniques/platforms are provided based on their commercial and industrial viability.
The emerging markets for orphan drugs include India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The study has been carried out by a team of professionals engaged in the biotechnology industry. The project manager of this study is Shalini S. Dewan, who holds a master’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry and has more than 14 years of industry experience. Shalini was awarded a Gold Medal by the Prime Minister of India for her work and has worked with top companies in India and in the U.S. Some of her other reports with BCC include: Reagents for Chromatography; Spectroscopy: An Enduring Market; Advanced Drug Delivery Systems: Technologies and Global Markets; Orthopedic Drugs, Implants and Devices; Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment; Pharmaceutical Regulatory Industry; The Dynamic Media, Sera and Reagent Market in Biotechnology; Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging: Global Markets; Chiral Technology: Global Markets; Autacoids and Related Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets; Contraceptives: Technologies and Global Markets; Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market; Hormone Replacement Therapies and Other Hormone Therapies: Global Markets; Cardiovascular Medicine: Diagnostics, Drugs and Devices; and Cancer Therapies: Technologies and Global Markets.
The lead consultant on this project was Ms. Ruma Chakravarty, who holds a master’s degree in biophysics. She has tremendous experience in market research, quality, process improvement and lean and six sigma concepts.