Fiber Optic Sensors: Global Markets
The global market for fiber optic sensors reached $1.7 billion in 2012 and about $1.8 billion in 2013. This market is projected to increase to $2.2 billion by 2018, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.5% for the period of 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for fiber optic sensors and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012 and 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Information on regulations affecting these markets, market trends, and competitive structures within these markets.
- Details pertaining to key application areas such as telecommunications, oil and gas exploration and drilling, medical, and industrial markets.
- Insight into the fiber optic market's drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities for growth.
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This BCC Research business opportunity report covers, with a critical eye, the global fiber optic sensors marketplace. It focuses particularly on the markets and opportunities for fiber optic sensors in oil and gas exploration and drilling, medical, and industrial markets. The study considers future opportunities for new application markets.
This study is presented in easy-to-follow sections that overview this subject, define the technology, segment the market by product type and application, profile companies, and identify suppliers. All dollar amounts are expressed in current 2014 U.S. dollars.
The author received a Ph.D. in material science and engineering from the University of Arizona in 1993, based on a dissertation on the fabrication and characteristics of sol gel optical waveguides. She then worked for two years at Sandia National Labs on the development of thin film zeolite filters for gas separation applications. Since 1996, she has covered the transportation market as both a contributing editor and editor of Advanced Transportation Technology News and authored numerous reports in advanced materials and transportation for BCC Research.