Lasers for Industrial Applications: Global Markets
The global market for industrial laser reached $4.3 billion in 2014. This market is projected to grow from about nearly $4.6 billion in 2015 to $6.3 billion in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6% between 2015 and 2020.
- An overview of the global market for lasers used in industrial applications.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Coverage of lasers including carbon dioxide, Nd:YAG, fiber, disc and direct diode.
- A breakdown of application segments, including medical, precision cutting, continuous and spot welding, cladding, drilling, bending, engraving, sintering, soldering, laser scribing, optical pumping, test and measurement, remote sensing, coherent laser radar, interferometry, materials channelization, and photonic doppler velocitemetry.
- A separate examination of the surrounding equipment market, including hardware, software, optical fiber cable, and chillers.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The industrial laser market is segmented into the following categories:
- Type: Carbon dioxide lasers, fiber lasers, Nd:YAG lasers, solid-state lasers and disk laser.
- Application: Material processing, marking and engraving, semiconductors and micro-processing and additive manufacturing.
- End users: Aerospace and defense, consumer electronics, construction, healthcare, and oil and gas.
- Region: North America (i.e., the U.S., Canada, Mexico). Europe (i.e., the U.K., Germany, France, Italy, the rest of Europe), the Asia-Pacific region (i.e., India, China, Japan, South Korea, the rest of Asia-Pacific) and the Rest of the World (RoW) (i.e., the Middle East, Africa and Latin America, including Central and South America.
The lasers discussed are not used on the products themselves, but in the manufacture of the products. Lasers’ ability to be used for high-quality athermal material processing is a major factor fueling their demand in the consumer electronics sector.
In addition to industry and competitive analysis of the industrial laser market, this report also includes a patent analysis and a listing of company profiles for key market players.
Sinha G. Gaurav holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronic, semiconductor, photonic, chemical and communications markets. He helps clients understand these markets in a concise and intellectual manner. He has researched various markets for several years, including electronics, semiconductors, chemicals, photonics and information technology. Specific market research reports have covered quantum dots, ultrafast lasers, VCSELS, UV-cured resins and metrology.