Optical Coatings: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for optical coatings is expected to reach $14.2 billion by 2021 from $9.5 billion in 2016, rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% from 2016 through 2021.
- An overview of the global market for optical coatings, which may be devices but more typically are a value-added feature of optical elements such as lenses, mirrors or flat-screen displays.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of CAGRs through 2021.
- A look at the role optical coatings are playing in the consumer electronics, solar, telecommunications, transportation, defense, and medical industries.
- Reasons why optical technology in many application markets represents the next level of technological advancement.
- Insight into markets with the highest margins and fastest growth for coatings, which include new applications, where coatings offer a new advantage, and areas where the coating designer and processor can provide improved performance.
- Profiles of leading companies in the field.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
This BCC Research report covers, with a critical eye, the global optical coatings marketplace. It focuses particularly on the markets and opportunities for optical coatings in the consumer electronics, solar, telecommunications, transportation, defense and medical markets.
This study is presented in easy-to-follow sections that overview this subject; define the technology; segment the market by product type, application and region; profile companies; and identify suppliers. All dollar amounts are expressed in current 2015 U.S. dollars. Thin layers of coating are also applied on optical systems exclusively for protective purposes. However, those protective materials have not been considered in the scope of this research.
Materials are segmented by oxide, fluoride, metal and other. Applications are divided into consumer electronics, architecture, solar, telecommunications, transportation, medical, defense/security and industrial.
Individual applications are then further broken down; for example, consumer electronics is then considered via AR coatings, reflective, conductive, filter and electrochromic.
By region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World.
This is a complete source for serious players in the optical coatings marketplace.
Gaurav Bhushan holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics, semiconductors, photonics, chemicals and communications markets, and he helps clients understand these markets in a concise and intellectual manner. He has researched various markets for several years, including electronics, semiconductors, chemicals, photonics and information technology. Specific market research reports have covered quantum dots, ultrafast lasers, VCSELS, UV-cured resins and metrology.