The Chinese market for medical polymers was valued at nearly $1.7 billion in 2011 and $1.9 billion in 2012. The market is expected to reach $4 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.1%.
This report provides:
- An overview of the Chinese market for medical polymer materials, which are resins, fibers, elastomers, and other polymers.
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Coverage of three parts of the Chinese medical polymer industry: medical resins and fibers, medical elastomers, and biodegradable medical polymer materials.
- Discussion of applications for medical polymers, including the cardiovascular system, oncology, tissue engineering, medicine, medical packing, ophthalmology, medical adhesive and sutures, and medical equipment.
- Reviews of trends in price and price/performance.
- Comprehensive profiles of major companies operating in China and a breakdown of market shares.
MEDICAL POLYMER MARKET IN CHINA BY SEGMENT, 2011-2017
Source: BCC Research
Download Report Overview
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report forecasts the size of the Chinese market in current U.S. dollars for medical polymers in value terms and/or volume terms for each material from 2012 through 2017. The report forecasts the Chinese market size for medical polymers such as PE, PP, PS, PVC, and PU. The forecasts are classified on the basis of product type, application, and geographical region.
The report also describes the important players in the Chinese medical polymer industry. They include homegrown companies, foreign companies, and joint ventures.
Jason Chen has been an analyst and consultant for the composite, fiber, textile, and energy industries for a decade. He has been a regular writer or contributing editor for Composites Manufacturing (American Composites Manufacturers Association), International Fiber Journal, Filtration News, Platts Emission Daily, Vision Systems Design, Pesticide and Toxic Chemical News, and MobileTex. He has authored the books “Asian Automotive Textiles: Opportunities and Challenges for Leading Producers,” “China Technical Textiles: Key Producers and Market Trends to 2015,” and “China’s Chemical Fiber Producers.” He is also the author of BCC market research report Tire Reinforcement Materials: Technologies and Global Markets (AVM077A).
Download Report Overview