Forensic Technologies: New and Growing Markets
The major U.S. forensic products and services market reached $10.9 billion in 2012. This market is expected to grow to $11.2 billion in 2013 and nearly $16.3 billion in 2018, a compound annual growth CAGR of 7.8% for the period 2013 to 2018.
- An overall study of the U.S. forensic science market.
- Analyses of forensic technologies market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Information on all areas of the forensics market including: identification of current and future technologies, products, market segments/end markets, and government and regulatory agencies.
- Information on participating companies in light of technological strengths and weaknesses, relative market share, marketing strengths and innovative marketing practices.
- Information on major patents filed.
In preparing this report, an overall study of the crime laboratory segment of the U.S. forensic science market was undertaken. Related areas provided key information as well, as newer areas such as computer forensics make up a growing share of the total forensics business. All areas of the forensics market are addressed including: identification of current and future technologies, products, market segments/end markets, and government and regulatory agencies. Participating companies are discussed in light of technological strengths and weaknesses, relative market share, marketing strengths and innovative marketing practices.
Kevin Gainer, research analyst, holds both B.A. and M.A. degrees in economic analysis and forecasting and has over 25 years of economic and market research experience. He is the author of six published books and dozens of technical papers, analyses and studies published in conference proceedings, including many unpublished proprietary analyses within corporations. He has worked as a Research Editor and Project Analyst at BCC Research since 1985, and has authored numerous BCC technology market research reports and periodicals.