Flip-Chip Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for Flip Chip Technology by wafer bumping process reached $18.9 billion in 2012. This market is expected to grow to $20.1 billion in 2013 and $36.5 billion in 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.7% over the five-year period from 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for flip-chip technologies, a process to interconnect IC’s and other microelectronics devices (MEMS) to the external circuitry by means of a solder bumping process deposit on pads.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for the period, 2013 to 2018.
- Discussion of the evolution, architecture, and value chain of flip-chip technologies.
- Examination of market dynamics, including drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Analysis of the flip-chip assembly market by geography, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and others.
- Coverage of the competitive landscape, including mergers and acquisitions, collaborations and agreements, and new product development.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
The market for flip chip technology is segmented into following categories:
- Wafer bumping process:
- Copper (Cu) pillar.
- Lead (Pb)-free solder.
- Tin-lead (Sn-Pb) eutectic solder.
- Gold stud + plated solder.
- Application area:
- 2D logic system-on-a-chip (SoC)
- Imaging, high-brightness light-emitting diode (HB-LED) small logic
- RF, power, analog and mixed signal ICs.
- µ-bumping for 2.5D/3D system-in-package/system-on-a-chip (SiP/SoC).
- End use:
- Desktop CPUs.
- GPUs and chipsets.
- Other computing devices.
- Medical devices.
- Smart technologies.
- High-performance/industrial applications.
- Geographical regions:
- North America (the U.S., Canada and Mexico)
- Europe (Italy, France, Germany, U.K. and other countries).
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, India and other countries).
- ROW (Middle East and Africa).
This report also provides a competitive analysis of the industry, a patent analysis and a chapter including company profiles.
Sinha G. holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics, semiconductors, photonics, chemicals and communications markets, and he helps clients understand these markets in a concise and intellectual manner. He has researched various markets for several years, including electronics, semiconductors, chemicals, photonics and information technology. Specific market research reports have covered quantum dots, ultrafast lasers, VCSELS, UV-cured resins and metrology.