STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal of this study is to help the reader form a comprehensive understanding of the recent advances in nonwoven filter media manufacturing, its commercial applications, and worldwide markets. For the purposes of this report, the materials will include filter media manufactured by airlaid, wetlaid, spunbonding, meltblowing, and apertured films extrusion.
To attain the stated goal, several objectives will be met. : The major types of nonwoven filter media manufacturing processes will be described. An overview of filtration processes and key physical and chemical properties of raw materials will be provided. Commercial applications in which these materials are used will be discussed. Present consumption and future demand for these materials will be evaluated for global markets by four world regions: North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, and the rest of the world.
Trends in technology will be analyzed and forecast. The impact of governmental regulations will be ascertained. The structural dynamics of the nonwoven filter media industry will be outlined, along with profiles of key manufacturers in North America and other parts of the world.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
After enjoying decades of relatively rapid growth, the nonwovens industry began slowing in 2007. At that time, it was not anticipated that the decline in nonwovens and other industries would become a serious and long-lasting global recession. At this writing, the worst of the financial downturn appears to be over; although, a handful of analysts worry about the potential for a “double-dip” recession. BCC expects a return to solid growth over the 5-year forecast period.
Since the end processes using nonwoven filter media are designed to control pollution and the purity of fluid streams, they are heavily regulated. Critical filtration processes include several application sectors: water filtration, HVAC (heating, ventilating, and air conditioning), manufacturing, and food processing. Increasing consumer awareness of product safety, water purity, and air quality, and their long-term effects on human health are prompting new technological trends in the filtration industry.
Corporations engaged in the nonwoven filter media industry must understand the significance of these trends to effectively manage their enterprises and resources. So do stakeholders in the industry, who need to be aware of the effect these trends place upon their operations. End users of nonwoven filter media must consider the effects of these changes to select the most cost-effective options among available products and technologies prior to committing significant capital resources.
This study provides a comprehensive accounting of worldwide nonwoven filter media markets in a multiclient format. It presents a thorough and up-to-date global assessment of the technology, markets, and business of nonwoven filter media. This, in turn, will assist industry participants, suppliers, and customers make the informed decisions needed to compete and succeed in the marketplace.
Over the next 5 years, significant changes are forecast to take place in global nonwoven filter media manufacturing and applications. Consequently, the information presented in this study is very important to:
- Members of the financial community who must understand, assess, and rate the effects of forthcoming changes in the nonwoven filter media industry on the financial performance of the companies active in this market segment.
- Chief executive officers who must effectively manage the assets of their company so they can benefit from forthcoming changes in the nonwoven filter media industry.
- Directors of planning who must incorporate anticipated changes in the nonwoven filter media industry into corporate planning documents.
- Directors of manufacturing who must implement new nonwoven filter media technology and products into their operations.
- Directors of engineering, research, and development who must incorporate the latest in nonwoven filter media technology and products into their designs and projects.
- Decision makers targeting major nonwoven filter media consumers, such as the companies involved in water filtration, utilities, HVAC designers, automobile and manufacturing industry filtration system designers, and food processing industry participants.
- Executives at companies engaged in developing competitive filter media, including woven materials, foamed and mesh filter manufacturers, separation membrane manufacturers, and so forth.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report covers the technological, economic, and business considerations of the nonwoven filter media industry with analyses and forecasts provided for global markets. Included in the report are descriptions of market forces relevant to the nonwoven filter media industry and their areas of application.
Global markets are presented by type of nonwoven filter media along with growth forecasts through 2015. Estimates on sales value are based on the price in the supply chain at which the media are procured by filter fabricators or filtration system manufacturers.
Market-driving forces and industry structure are examined. International aspects are analyzed for all world regions and types of nonwoven filter media. Brief profiles of major global manufacturers are presented.
Estimates of current market demand are made for 2010 and are projected over the next 5 years. Projections are made in terms of constant U.S. dollars (2010). Growth is presented in terms of a compound average annual growth rate (CAGR).
Research for this report began with an analysis of the available technical and business literature, as well as an evaluation of records of the separations industry available to the author. Conversations with industry experts and company representatives and a review of their published works provide the backbone for an evaluation of the industry.
Information sources for the study also include online research, patent literature, technical journals, and trade magazines. In evaluating the global market, information was obtained from the U.S. Department of Commerce and the Association of the Nonwoven Fabrics Industry.
During the past 14 years, Susan Hanft has authored more than 30 market research reports for BCC Research in the fields of membrane technology, water and wastewater treatment, and separations used in food and beverage manufacture, medicine, and biotechnology.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC offers an online information retrieval service. BCC’s home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences
- Request additional information on any BCC product
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report, is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal, or accounting advice; nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual, or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is of a speculative nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.