High-Performance Ceramic Coatings: Markets and Technologies
The North American market for high-performance ceramic coatings totaled $1.2 billion in 2014. This market is expected to reach nearly $1.9 billion in 2020 from $1.3 billion in 2015 increasing at a compound annual growth rate of 7.8% for the period 2015-2020.
- An industry overview of ceramic coatings delivered by thermal spray, physical vapor deposition (PVD), chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and other techniques, including spraying/dipping, sol gel, micro-oxidation, packed diffusion, ionic beam surface treatment and laser-assisted techniques.
- Information regarding the current size and future growth of the markets for ceramic thermal spray, PVD, CVD and other coatings services.
- Analyses of North American market trends, with data from 2014 and 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- A technology overview, including material types, properties and applications for ceramic coatings.
- Analysis of domestic competition among companies within each of the ceramic coating service segments.
- Profiles of equipment manufacturers, service providers and suppliers of consumables among ceramic thermal spray, PVD, CVD and other coating techniques.
This BCC Research study was conducted with a global perspective in terms of materials and their applications. Market projections have been conducted for North America, while all market table values are in 2014 U.S. dollars.
The report provides business planners and managers with an improved understanding of the direction and impact of high-performance ceramic coating technologies, and how markets will be affected and new opportunities created.
The report contains:
- An in-depth analysis of the technologies used for high-performance ceramic coatings.
- An overview of materials for high-performance ceramic coatings and their properties.
- New developments and recent patents in high-performance ceramic thermal spray, PVD, CVD and other coating techniques.
- Current and potential applications for high-performance ceramic coatings.
- Current and future market projections for ceramic coatings in all their major applications.
- Profiles of current industry players, including suppliers of equipment, consumables, coating service providers and users.
- A review of the economic/market opportunities for current industry participants and new entrants.
BCC Research believes that the qualitative and quantitative judgments embodied in this report are a valuable contribution to the current knowledge of high-performance ceramic coatings.
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.