This market research report analyzes the market, materials, and recent developments in advanced structural ceramics. The report includes an overview of advanced ceramic materials and discusses production technologies, new applications, and competitive issues. The various businesses entering the field of advanced structural ceramics are presented, and the barriers to entry are discussed. Market projections are given for the next 5 years.
Advanced structural ceramics have the potential to resolve many material-based challenges in process industry, power generation, aerospace, transportation, and military applications. Their wear resistance, corrosion resistance, high temperature resistance, and light weight represent a superior combination of qualities. These materials may help to decrease energy consumption and minimize pollution. Breakthroughs in advanced ceramics technology are having far-reaching impact on global business and society.
Companies that may be interested in this report include:
- Developers, manufacturers, and suppliers of advanced ceramic materials.
- Manufacturers, suppliers, and users of advanced ceramic raw materials.
- Manufacturers, suppliers, and users of advanced ceramic powders.
- Developers and manufacturers of advanced ceramic components.
- Engine component manufacturers.
- Cutting tool insert manufacturers.
- Manufacturers of wear parts and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) suppliers.
- Manufacturers and suppliers of dental crowns, ceramic posterior materials, and ceramic hip implants.
- Manufacturers and suppliers of armor.
- Manufacturers and suppliers of ceramic kiln furniture, recuperators, and heat exchangers.
- Chemical firms interested in diversification or acquisitions.
- Venture capitalists, angel investors, and financial institutions interested in attractive new investments and acquisitions.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report analyzes materials used in each structural ceramic application category and their respective properties, processing technologies, properties, prices, and North American markets. The qualitative and quantitative judgments in this report represent a valuable contribution to the knowledge of advanced structural ceramic materials, components, processing techniques, applications, and markets.
INFORMATION SOURCES AND METHODOLOGY
Both primary and secondary research methodologies were used in preparing this study. Findings are based on information derived from interviews with developers, producers, and potential producers of advanced structural ceramic materials, components, and powders; industry experts; and people who perform research and development (R&D) on monolithic ceramic and ceramic matrix composites. End users were contacted to evaluate the projected demand for technical and advanced structural ceramics.
Secondary data were obtained from trade publications, technical journals, government statistics, and BCC databases. Financial values are presented in constant dollars. Historical financial values are for the year given.
Richard Hilton has a broad business background, which includes many years as an analyst, project manager, product manager, and director of marketing for a major industrial firm. He has managed business planning, marketing research and communications, and product development.
He has experience as an editor of newsletters exploring emerging technologies and also has taught mathematics. Mr. Hilton has a Bachelor of Science in Business Logistics from Pennsylvania State University and a Master of Business Administration from Southern Illinois University. Of special interest to this study is his work on rare earths, catalysts, and ultrapure materials.
BCC ON-LINE SERVICES
BCC Research offers an online information retrieval service. Its home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine the complete BCC Research catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Subscribe to any of BCC Research’s many industry newsletters.
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters.
- Register for its well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC research product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
BCC Research provides custom research studies tailored to our clients’ needs in areas related to the subject research material, but perhaps not covered in detail in this report. Please contact BCC regarding the terms and conditions of such services.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal, or accounting advice; nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual, or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.