STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal of this study is to help the readers form a comprehensive understanding of the recent advances and trends in tire reinforcement material manufacturing, applications, and global and regional markets. For this goal, this report will cover tire reinforcements manufactured by steel, polyester, rayon, nylon, aramid, PEN (polyethylene naphthalate) and other materials.
Five objectives in this report will be met. The major types and advanced technologies of tire reinforcement material manufacturing processes will be described. Key properties and advanced technologies of raw materials will be provided. Commercial applications in which these materials are used will be discussed. Present consumption and future demand for these materials will be evaluated for global markets by eight world regions: China, North America, South America, Western Europe, East and Mid Europe, India, East Asia and The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), and the rest of the world.
Trends in technology will be analyzed and forecast. The impact of governmental regulations will be ascertained. Patents of tire reinforcement materials will be discussed. The structural dynamics of the tire reinforcement materials industry will be outlined, along with profiles of key manufacturers in China, the United States, Japan, Korea, India, France, and other countries.
This report will review global markets for tire reinforcement materials and will forecast trends and sales in these markets through 2016. Important manufacturers, technologies, and factors influencing demand will be discussed.
Tire reinforcement materials include steel cord fabric, steel wire, polyester cord fabric, rayon cord fabric, nylon cord fabric, aramid cord fabric, and PEN cord fabric used for manufacturing carcass, belt plies, cap plies, and bead in tires for automobiles, bicycles, motorcycles, and other vehicles.
The tire reinforcement material market is closely dependent on the tire industry. Therefore, the global and regional tire production will be described.
Tire reinforcement materials are made by steel and manmade fibers. Technologies and markets in the steel fiber and tire industries influencing demand and development of tire reinforcement materials will be discussed.
BCC's goal in conducting this study was to determine the current status of the tire reinforcement material industry and to assess its growth potential over a 5-year period from 2011 to 2016. A primary objective was to present a comprehensive analysis of current tire reinforcement material market and project its future direction.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
There are two reasons for doing this study:
- Tire reinforcement material manufacturers need to understand the market trend and new technologies of the industry, planning their production and R&D for the next few years or a longer period.
- Tire manufacturers need too understand the market and technology trends of tire reinforcement materials for tire design and R & D. A tire manufacturer has a number of choices for using a tire reinforcement material for making a tire: chemical composition, cost, size, weight, strength, and construction. Advanced materials and market transition may allow a tire engineer to design better or more cost-effective products.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report forecasts the size of the market in current U.S. dollars for tire reinforcement materials in value terms for each material and/or volume terms from 2011 through 2016.
The report forecast the market size or output for the following:
- Tire reinforcement materials such as steel tire cord fabric, steel bead wire, polyester tire cord fabric, nylon tire cord fabric, rayon tire cord fabric, aramid tire cord fabric, PEN tire cord fabric, and hybrid reinforcement materials.
- Tires such as radial light duty tire, radial heavy duty tire, bias light duty tire, bias heavy duty tire, bicycle tire, motorcycle tire and other cycle tires. The tire reinforcement market is directly dependent on the tire industry, performance of which is closely intertwined with the development of the automobile and cycle industries.
The above forecasts are classified on the basis of product type, technology type, end application, and geographical region.
The intended audience of this report includes tire cord fabric manufacturers, technical fiber producers, technical textile producers, steel wire and steel filament producers and tire manufacturers. Automobile producers, steel makers and chemical suppliers also may be interested in this report.
Estimates of current market demand are made for 2010 and are projected over the next 5 years. Projections are made in terms of constant U.S. dollars (2010). Growth is presented in terms of a compound average annual growth rate (CAGR).
Information sources for this report include experts, executives, professors or officials in tire reinforcement material companies, tire companies, industrial associations, universities, and governmental departments. They include Teijin, Performance Fibers, Xingda, Junma, Hailide, SPC, Shenma, China Chemical Fibers Association, China Rubber Industry Association, Association of Synthetic Fiber Industry India, American Fiber Manufacturers Association, Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers, European Man-made Fibers Association, Korea Chemical Fibers Association, Japan Chemical Fibers Association, Taiwan Man-made Fiber Industries Association, Indonesian Synthetic Fiber Makers Association, China Textile Academy, Tsinghua University, Ministry of Commerce of China, and National Bureau of Statistics of China.
Information sources for the study also include online research, patent literature, technical journals, trade magazines, governmental data, and conference papers from China, Japan, Korea, and the United States.
Jason Chen has been an analyst and consultant for the composite, fiber, textile, and energy industries for a decade. He is a regular writer or contributing editor for Composites Manufacturing (American Composites Manufacturers Association), International Fiber Journal, Filtration News, Platts Emission Daily, Vision Systems Design, and MobileTex. He has authored the books, “Asian Automotive Textiles: Opportunities and Challenges for Leading Producers” and “China's Chemical Fiber Producers.” He has a BA in chemical and material.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC offers an online information retrieval service. BCC’s home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences
- Request additional information on any BCC product
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal, or accounting advice; nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual, or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or its use.