The global seed treatment market reached $3.1 million 2012. This market is expected to grow to $3.2 billion in 2013 and nearly $4.8 billion in 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% for the period of 2013 to 2018.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for seed treatments, which provide a broad spectrum of protection from insects, diseases, and nematodes.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Coverage of both chemical (insecticide, fungicide) and nonchemical (traditional, bio-control, inoculant) seed treatments as well as their applications.
- Examination of government regulations by region.
- Discussion of industry structure, major companies, market shares, and strategies, such as new product development, merger and acquisitions, and expansions.
- Evaluations of patents, both new and previously issued, by manufacturer and research institute.
- Comprehensive profiles of suppliers, pesticide manufacturers, and seed coating companies.
GLOBAL SEED TREATMENT MARKET BY REGION, 2012-2018
Source: BCC Research, Nufarm, USDA, EPA, IMF, CropLife, Agrow
Download Report Overview
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report provides the reader with a detailed analysis of the global seed treatment market. It also discusses technological developments and equipments, evolution of seed treatment, future trends and opportunities. This information will be useful for those involved in strategic planning, marketing, sales and technological development. The major objectives of this study are as follows:
- Assess the seed treatment market by crop type.
- Identify driving and restraining factors for the global seed treatment market.
- Make available the most current and reliable information on the market size.
- Estimate the global supply and demand scenario broken down by applications and regions.
- Estimate the growth rate in demand.
- Estimate the projected global supply and demand scenario over the next five years and to analyze it by application as well as by crop type.
- Identify recent developments, alliances, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions in the global seed treatment market.
Projections for seed treatment use will be offered for geographical regions including North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico); South America (Brazil, Argentina); Europe (France, Germany, U.K., Italy); the Asia-Pacific region (China, India, Australia, Japan), and the rest of the world (South Africa, Russia).
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Low-cost crop protection and rising prices of genetically modified (GM) crops, as well as a rising world population and increasing food requirements are driving the demand for seed treatment. The seed treatment market encompasses a variety of products being used by seed companies and growers for coating seed in order to safeguard seed and improve crops by controlling the population of seed-borne and soilborne pathogens.
Seed treatment offers several advantages:
- Seed safety: Seed companies can easily treat in a single day seed valued in excess of $1 million.
- Efficiency: Soilborne seedling disease control and soilborne insect control.
- Application technology: equipment, formulations, coating and seed treatment application centers.
This report is designed to cover aspects of technology, demand trends, opportunities and investment levels. It examines the worldwide commercial applications of the seed treatment market and the market penetration of chemical versus nonchemical seed treatment.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This market report organizes information from diverse sources into a cohesive unit that includes evolution of seed treatment, equipment, technologies, application and stages in commercial seed production. Conventional seeds, genetically modified (GM) seeds, and the seed treatment market are explored.
BCC analyzed key applications, crop types and regions to determine present and future seed treatment market status and forecasted growth from 2012 through 2018. In this report, we also discuss industry structure and market strategies, patent evaluation, and market driving forces.
This report will be of particular interest to seed treatment, chemical, pesticide, seed, and seed coating manufacturers, as well as traders, distributors, and suppliers of pesticide and seed. It will also be of high interest to professionals within governments and regulatory agencies and associations, as it will help them to understand the scope and pace of seed treatment as it continues to expand in the market.
A top-down approach was used to estimate the market sizes of global seed treatment and its types. The key players in the global seed treatment market were identified through secondary research, and their market revenues were determined through primary and secondary research. This included study of the annual reports of top market players and interviews with key opinion leaders such as CEOs, directors and marketing professionals. The size of the global seed treatment market was derived from the aggregation of the market shares of the major players. The forecast is based on an analysis of the market trends such as for crop production and consumption. The penetration of micro-markets was established through secondary sources and validated through primary sources.
The data for this report was gathered from primary and secondary sources. Sources include information obtained from industry analysts; manufacturers and company reports; industry trade journals; and industry associations. Additional information was obtained through the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), CropLife International, Agrow Australia Pty. Ltd. (Agrow), National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), Statistics Canada, Eurostat, Farm Chemicals International, SeedQuest, Economy Watch, International Monetary Fund (IMF), the U.S. Department of Agriculture Economic Research Service (USDA–ERS), International Biocontrol Manufacturers’ Association (IBMA), and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings.
Natraj Pandal is the BCC research analyst for this report. Pandal holds a Master of Business Administration degree in marketing and systems and a Bachelor of Science degree in science from the Osmania University in India. Mr. Pandal has more than seven years of experience in business research and market intelligence. He works for both consulting and syndicated projects in different domains such as chemicals, materials, food and beverage, automotive, aerospace, oil and gas, information technology (IT) and telecom, health care, and sporting goods.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC Research offers an online information retrieval service. Its home page, located at www.bccresearch.com, enables readers to:
- Examine the complete BCC Research catalog of market research reports and place direct orders.
- Read announcements of recently published reports.
- Register for its well-known conferences.
- Request additional information on any BCC research product.
- Take advantage of special offers.
The information developed in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication and is of a professional nature. This information does not constitute managerial, legal or accounting advice, nor should it be considered as a corporate policy guide, laboratory manual or an endorsement of any product, as much of the information is speculative in nature. The author assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from reliance on the reported information or from its use.
Download Report Overview