Global Markets and Technologies for Biofuel Enzymes
The global revenue for biofuel enzymes totaled $623.0 million in 2014, and should total $652.1 million in 2015 and $1.0 billion by 2020, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.4%.
- An overview of the global market for biofuel enzymes, which include amylases, lipases, cellulases, and proteases; and fuels, which include biodiesel, cellulosic ethanol, and biogas.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- Identification of markets by industrial end users, such as the aviation industry, road transport, heating purposes, and off-road equipment.
- Discussion of new and different types of regulations enforced by authorities in biofuel enzyme production.
- Reviews of new technologies and their uses, along with new patents and their importance.
- A breakdown of enzyme manufacturers and suppliers, with emphasis on market leaders.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
The scope of this report involves the use of biofuel enzymes in the wider biofuel industry. BCC analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projections and market share. This report mainly deals with the types of biofuel enzymes and covers the total market for amylases, cellulases, xylanases, lipases and other enzymes. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments.
Enzymes served in other industries — such as food and beverage, brewing, detergent, pharmaceutical, biopolymer, biochemical, animal nutrition and health, textile industry, fragrance industry, personal care etc. — are excluded from this report. The production of biofuel without using enzymes i.e. processes like gasification and torrefaction, are also excluded from this report.
The study conducted is global and includes the emerging markets for biofuel enzymes in Brazil, India, China, Japan, Nigeria, Thailand, Ghana, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
Relevant patent analysis is included in this report and comprehensive profiles of companies engaged in the biofuel enzyme industry are given. The key market players are Novozymes, E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (DuPont), Royal DSM, Dyadic International Inc., Codexis Inc. and AB Enzymes GmbH.
The study has been carried out by a team of professionals in the biotechnology industry. The project manager for this project is Shalini S. Dewan, who holds a Master’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry and has over 14 years of industry experience. Shalini was awarded a Gold Medal by the Prime Minister of India for her endeavors and has worked with top companies in India and in the U.S.
Some of her other reports with BCC Research are:
- Global Markets for Reagents for Chromatography.
- Global Markets for Spectroscopy Equipment.
- Global Markets and Technologies for Advanced Drug Delivery Systems.
- Orthopedic Drugs, Implants and Devices.
- Global Markets for Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment.
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory Industry.
- Global Markets for Media, Sera and Reagents in Biotechnology.
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging.
- Global Markets for Chiral Technology.
- Autacoids and Related Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets.
- Contraceptives: Technologies and Global Markets.
- Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market.
- Hormone Replacement Therapies and Other Hormone Therapies: Global Markets.
- Cardiovascular Medicine: Diagnostics, Drugs and Devices.
- Cancer Therapies: Technologies and Global Markets.
- Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment.
The lead analysts for this project were Jayashree Mishra and Honey Dave. Mishra holds a Master’s degree in biomedical engineering with specialization in medical instrumentation and imaging. Dave holds a Master’s degree in biotechnology and has authored research publications in the areas of proteomics, genomics, pharmacology and gene sequencing.