The Global Market for Thin Films in Energy Applications
The global market for thin films in energy applications reached nearly $7.9 billion in 2015. The market is expected to reach nearly $18.8 billion by 2021 from $8.9 billion in 2016, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.1% from 2016 to 2021.
- An overview of the global markets for thin films in energy applications and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, 2016, and projections of CAGRs through 2021.
- Coverage of these films in applications including fuel cells, photovoltaics, solar thermal technologies, geothermal energy, wind energy, nuclear energy, and others.
- Coverage of technologies, applications, raw materials, and geography (including analysis across various countries) that shape and influence the thin films market.
- A comparative analysis of the advantages and disadvantages to using thing films.
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities.
- Analysis of growth strategies by key players in the thin film photovoltaic and batteries market and an analysis of patent positions where relevant.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
The scope of this report is broad and covers many energy applications of thin film technologies used in commercial, industrial and utility applications globally. The market is segmented into major energy application types, regions and end-use sectors. Revenue forecasts from 2016 through 2021 are given for each major type, along with regional market revenue shares. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues.
The report also includes a discussion of the major players in each of the regional markets and explains the major global drivers, current trends, major challenges and the regional dynamics of the market. The report concludes with a special focus on the supplier landscape. It includes detailed profiles of the major vendors of thin films for energy applications globally and the market shares of the major players by region.
This report has been developed by the market research analysts at BizImpact Knowledge Services LLP, a market research and services company. The project has been managed by Aneesh Kumar, a partner in the company, along with input from various subject matter experts. Kumar has more than nine years of experience in handling various custom research projects and has worked with a multinational company on various research assignments on global markets.