The global market for equipment used in food processing and packaging was $21.7 billion in 2012 and $23 billion in 2013. This market is expected to reach $31.3 billion by 2018, rising at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% from 2013 to 2018.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for food processing and packaging.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Breakdowns of the market by region, application, packaging and processing technology, and by food type.
- Comprehensive profiles of leading companies in the industry.
GLOBAL MARKET FOR FOOD PROCESSING AND PACKAGING EQUIPMENT, 2011-2018
Source: BCC Research
Download Report Overview
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses the food processing and packaging equipment used in the food industry. BCC Research analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, involved technology, market projections and market share. Technological issues discussed include the latest trends and developments. The following markets were studied: the North America region, which includes the United States, Canada, Mexico and Cuba; the Europe, Middle East and Africa region, usually abbreviated as EMEA, which includes all European nations, all African nations and extends east to Iran and includes Russia; and the Asia-Pacific region, which includes Australia, Japan, India, China, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia, Mauritius and Singapore.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
This study was carried out by a team of professionals in the biotechnology industry. The project manager was Shalini S. Dewan, who holds a Master’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry and has over 14 years of industry experience. Among the research topics she has covered are studies on compounds of potential pharmaceutical interest from ibuprofen and 2-naphthyl acetic acid. Shalini Dewan was awarded a Gold Medal by the Prime Minister of India for her work and has worked with top companies in India and the U.S.
Some of her other reports with BCC Research are:
- Global Markets for Reagents for Chromatography
- Global Markets for Spectroscopy Equipment
- Global Markets and Technologies for Advanced Drug Delivery Systems
- Orthopedic Drugs, Implants and Devices
- Global Markets for Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory Industry
- Global Markets for Media, Sera and Reagents in Biotechnology
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging
- Global Markets for Chiral Technology
- Autacoids and Related Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets
- Contraceptives: Technologies and Global Markets
- Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market
- Hormone Replacement Therapies and Other Hormone Therapies: Global Markets
- Cardiovascular Medicine: Diagnostics, Drugs and Devices
- Cancer Therapies: Technologies and Global Markets
- Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment
The lead analyst for this project was Urvashi Malhotra, a nutritionist who holds a Master’s degree in foods and nutrition and hospital management. She has a number of research publications in her credit, including her thesis titled Development of Products Using Various Alternative Sweeteners.
Download Report Overview