Cardiovascular Surgical Devices: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for cardiovascular surgical devices was valued at $29.7 billion in 2012. This market is expected to reach nearly $31.7 billion in 2013 and nearly $47.2 billion by 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3% for the period of 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for cardiovascular surgical devices.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for the period 2013 to 2018.
- Incidence rates of cardiovascular diseases in the United States, WHO regions, and in selected countries.
- Discussion of key cardiovascular surgical procedures, traditional and interventional surgery, and adoption of robotics in surgery.
- Examination of procedures related to cardiac rhythm management, including devices and definitions.
- Reviews of procedures and devices related to cardiac assist.
- Patent analysis of various devices by year and by assignee.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The scope of this study encompasses multiple technologies and procedures related to cardiovascular surgical devices. The study focused primarily on four categories of cardiovascular surgery: traditional (open), interventional, cardiac rhythm management (CRM) and cardiac ablation procedures. These procedure categories are categorized logically so that comparisons can be made within procedural groups as well as across the cardiovascular surgical devices industry as a whole. Note that carotid artery surgery related to stroke, AAA surgery to correct aortic aneurysms, and surgical and stenting procedures designed to address peripheral vascular disease are not addressed in detail in this report.
BCC analyzes the industry on a worldwide basis from market, product and technology perspectives. Regulations and reimbursement issues and patents issued from 2010 through mid-2013 are also examined to identify patient safety, regulatory review and insurance coverage issues for stakeholders and potential stakeholders in this industry.
The report examines the cardiovascular surgery device industry in general, the types of technologies currently in use as well as future technological developments, and regulatory influences that affect product distribution. The industry structure section discussed the most active manufactures with respect to relative market share, marketing strengths and forces that promote or hinder the growth of technologies. The technology sections detail historical, current (2013) and projected (2013 to 2018) market values.
Mary C. Patton, M.B.A, D.B.A., is the BCC Research Analyst of this report. Dr. Patton’s experience includes over 25 years of designing and managing custom research projects involving both qualitative and quantitative techniques with a broad range of medical, surgical and healthcare industry providers and patients. She has conducted extensive research on surgical devices, diagnostic equipment, specific disease states, EMR systems and PACS systems. She has also worked in product management and strategic management roles for several major medical device manufacturers. Dr. Patton is the author of more than a dozen previous research reports related to the medical device industry.