The global demand for portable analysis instrumentation should total $7.8 billion in 2012 and should reach nearly $7.5 billion in 2013. The total market valued is expected to reach $8.5 billion in 2018 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.6%.
This report provide:
- An overview of several identified categories of portable analysis instrumentation and several application areas in which field-based portable analysis instrumentation can effectively be used
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Discussion of the industry on a worldwide basis, from a product perspective as well as a technology perspective
- Examination of regulations in the U.S. and global markets to identify consumer safety, product introduction, and product safety regulatory issues for stakeholders and potential stakeholders in this industry
- Consideration of current trends and other available data indicating company, product, and application stability or instability
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
Download Report Overview
GLOBAL DEMAND FOR PORTABLE ANALYSIS INSTRUMENTATION
Source: BCC Research
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The scope of this study is the PAI market, a subset of the larger analysis equipment market. The diverse nature of the PAI market paradoxically requires that to be useful its forecasts need to be specific for both for types of devices for which demand is forecast and also in identifying the geographic markets in which those devices are used. In most cases, technologically drives technological markets. In the case of PAIs the situation is more nuanced, with broader economic and political circumstances also influencing demand. For example, the demand for PAIs for environmental monitoring is influenced both by the expansion of industries that create discharges into the air and water and also by national laws that seek to mitigate the depredation of those resources.
The broad scope of the PAI market requires that forecasts show demand for both types of PAIs and the demand for those devices at the country level. In this study, we provide that data with a set of 17 devices by country forecast tables and 52 countries by device tables. To aid readers in better understanding the areas in which technology will exert its greatest influence we have included two additional sets of information: comprehensive patent data consisting of the abstracts of 189 recent inventions directly related to PAIs, with more detailed patent information on three devices that rise to the level of disruptive technologies. All forecast tables use the format in presenting values in current U.S. dollars for 2013 through 2018. A set of informational tables place the forecasts in context of the distribution of national manufacturing activity and the number potential PAI-using personnel.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
James Wilson is a leading technology analyst who specializes in forecasting global demand for emerging and converging technologies. He has served on the adjunct faculty of Temple University and on the staffs of Drexel University and the Academy of Natural Sciences. The former editor of the Princeton Business Journal and a senior science and technology editor for Hearst Magazines, he is a past member of the National Association of Science Writers. His studies for BCC include intelligent wireless micromachines, power electronics, medical device sensors, robotics, mobile telematics and remote sensing.
Download Report Overview