Global Markets and Technologies for Advanced Drug Delivery Systems
The global revenue for advanced drug delivery systems is estimated to be $151.3 billion in 2013. In 2018, revenues are estimated to reach nearly $173.8 billion, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.8%.
- An overview of the global market for drug delivery systems, including the market as seen by end users of different applications
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018
- Discussion of the current state, setbacks, innovations, and the future needs of the market
- Examination of the different categories of drug delivery, broken down by market shares of the leading manufacturers and/or suppliers, as well as acquisitions, mergers, and alliances by companies and global organizations
- Analyses of the regulatory environment, and the technology involved, including the latest trends and developments
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses drug delivery systems in pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets. BCC Research analyzes each market by its type, region and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projections and market share. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The emerging markets for drug delivery systems include countries such as India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Africa, Australia, New Zealand and so forth.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
A team of professionals in the biotechnology industry carried out this study. The project manager is Shalini S. Dewan, who holds a master’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry and has over 14 years’ of industry experience. Among the research topics she has covered are studies on compounds of potential pharmaceutical interest from ibuprofen and 2-naphthyl acetic acid. Shalini was awarded a Gold Medal by the Prime Minister of India for her work and has worked with top companies in India and in the U.S. Some of her other reports with BCC Research are: Reagents for Chromatography; Spectroscopy: An Enduring Market; Advanced Drug Delivery Systems: Technologies and Global Markets; Orthopedic Drugs, Implants and Devices; Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment; Pharmaceutical Regulatory Industry; The Dynamic Media, Sera and Reagent Market in Biotechnology; Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging: Global Markets; Chiral Technology: Global Markets; Autacoids and Related Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets; Contraceptives: Technologies and Global Markets; Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market; Hormone Replacement Therapies and Other Hormone Therapies: Global Markets; Cardiovascular Medicine: Diagnostics, Drugs and Devices; and Cancer Therapies: Technologies and Global Markets.