- The total market for advanced wound care reached at $3.4 billion in 2010. It is expected to reach at $3.6 billion in 2011; it will further grow to $4.6 billion by 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.9%.
- The market for Wound care dressings, sealants and anti–adhesion products reached at $2.0 billion in 2010. It is expected to reach at $2.1 billion in 2011; it will further grow to $3.0 billion by 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.0%.
- The market for Wound healing devices/equipment segment reached at $1.4 billion in 2010. It is expected to reach at $1.5 billion by 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.2%.
Download Report Overview
TOTAL ADVANCED WOUND CARE MARKET BY SELECTED SEGMENT, 2009-2016
Source: BCC Research
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This updated BCC Research report provides an overview of advanced wound care products, detailed market analyses and discussions of competitive environments. The study includes information about significant products, players, issues and trends and other information affecting the wound care industry.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Advanced wound care technologies have emerged from the shadows to become, in the last 30 years, significant products in the treatment of wound care. While conventionally made wound care product proteins are considerable and generally less expensive, new products and biotechnological advancements are continuing to revolutionize the wound care market. New technological products are competing in a fast track market that seeks to improve the quality of life for millions of individuals needing both acute and chronic wound care.
Ongoing patient management studies will increase the number of indications, and keeping in touch with these applications for the various advanced wound care products is good business practice. This study will provide its readers with the knowledge to adequately view and assess the advanced wound care movement and will provide insight into market potential.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This document is designed to be a helpful business tool that will provide a thorough evaluation of the advanced wound care market. The scope of this study is U.S. based and identifies markets in five general segments:
- Biological dressings
- Surgical sealants
- Synthetic dressings
- Anti–adhesion products and other related wound healing products
- Wound healing devices
Each market segment provides detailed information based on product categories, product use, forecasts and competitive analyses.
Advanced wound care deals with those products that involve new techniques and therapies, are of benefit in healing wounds and result in overall lower costs for care. They incorporate biotechnological advancements and improved methods for dealing with wounds. Products in this study are considered to be at the forefront of wound care technology.
Traditional wound care products, those that have previously been used in the marketplace, are not addressed in this analysis. Industry experts classify “advanced wound care products” as those that include biological dressings, surgical sealants, synthetic dressings, anti–adhesion products and other related wound–healing products
Information for this report was obtained through primary and secondary data collection methods. Primary methods included interviews with more than 50 key executives, product managers, clinical specialists and other related key personnel involved in the wound care industry. Secondary methods included published literature, investment reports, company literature, and various business journals that have emphases on wound care and related areas.
Data for this report relates to the U.S. market in U.S. dollars at the manufacturers’ level. The base year of the report is 2011, with historical data provided for 2009 and 2010 and forecast data provided for 2016. Historical, base year and forecast data are provided for each market segment of the report.
Growth rates are determined through a compilation of data including past trends, future trends, demographics, incidence, mortality, products in research and development, current product growth, etc. Competitor market share estimates are provided for each market segment for the 2011 base year.
- PHM011C Markets for Advanced Wound Care Technologies – published 2001
- PHM011D Markets for Advanced Wound Care Technologies – published 2004
- PHM011E The Market for Advanced Wound Care Technology – published 2007
- PHM011F Markets for Advanced Wound Care Technologies – published 2009
Tracy Cotthoff is an experienced wound care nurse in a high–volume burn center in Portland, Oregon. Ms. Cotthoff has been in the medical field for over 17 years. This experience has given her a vast knowledge of medical practices and advances in the industry and new technologies. Her experience in the medical field includes EMT training and nursing, including critical care nursing, which has allowed for her substantial insight into the workings of the healthcare industry.
Melissa Elder is an experienced healthcare market analyst specializing in prescription and over–the–counter pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and emerging healthcare technologies. Ms. Elder has nearly 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry, specializing in market research for the past 14 years. This experience has given her a strong understanding of pharmaceutical market analysis. Her work in the medical community, including emergency room medical training and healthcare information system coordination, has enhanced her ability to provide insight into many healthcare markets.
BCC ONLINE SERVICES
BCC offers online services at bccresearch.com. Readers can:
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports, and place orders
- Subscribe to BCC’s many industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well–known conferences
- Request additional information on BCC products
- Take advantage of special offers
The information in this report is intended to be as reliable as possible at the time of publication. This information does not constitute managerial, legal, or accounting advice, nor should it serve as a corporate policy guide or laboratory manual, nor as an endorsement of any product. The information here is developed carefully from informed sources, but much of it is speculative in nature. The author and publisher assume no responsibility for any loss or damage that might result from use or reliance on information in this report.
Download Report Overview