The global market for drugs used in mental disorders was $70.1 billion in 2012 and $68.9 billion in 2013. This market is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3% from 2013 to 2018 and reach $77.1 billion by 2018.
This report provides:
- An overview of the market for drugs used to treat mental disorders.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Information regarding new drug development in the mental health segment, existing products on the market, and a detailed analysis of the competitive environments.
- An examination of current major market participants in the field, positive drivers and challenges, and other information affecting drug development.
Download Report Overview
GLOBAL REVENUE OF DRUGS USED IN MENTAL DISORDERS, 2011-2018
Source: BCC Research
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses psychiatric drugs in pharmaceutical markets. BCC Research analyzes each market and its applications, regulatory environment, technology, market projections and market shares. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments. The emerging market for enzyme inhibitors includes countries like India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Canada, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
A team of professionals in the biotechnology industry carried out this study. The project manager was Shalini S. Dewan, who holds a master’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry and has over 14 years of industry experience. Among the research topics she has covered are studies on compounds of potential pharmaceutical interest from ibuprofen and 2-naphthyl acetic acid. Shalini was awarded a Gold Medal by the Prime Minister of India for her work and has worked with top companies in India and in the U.S.
Some of her other reports with BCC Research are:
- Global Markets for Reagents for Chromatography
- Global Markets for Spectroscopy Equipment
- Global Markets and Technologies for Advanced Drug Delivery Systems
- Orthopedic Drugs, Implants and Devices
- Global Markets for Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory Industry
- Global Markets for Media, Sera and Reagents in Biotechnology
- Global Markets for Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging
- Global Markets for Chiral Technology
- Autacoids and Related Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets
- Contraceptives: Technologies and Global Markets
- Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market
- Hormone Replacement Therapies and Other Hormone Therapies: Global Markets
- Cardiovascular Medicine: Diagnostics, Drugs and Devices
- Cancer Therapies: Technologies and Global Markets
- Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment
The lead consultant for this project was Dr. Kapil A. Setia, who holds a doctoral degree in life sciences. She has a number of research publications in her credit, including her thesis, which was given an award of excellence.
Download Report Overview