Cast Polymers: Global Markets
The global market for cast polymers reached 209.7 million square meters in 2014.This market will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.5% to reach 361.5 million square meters in 2020 from 229.2 million square meters in 2015 for the period 2015-2020.
- A review of the global markets for cast polymers and related forecast trends and sales taking place in the market.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Discussion covering important manufacturers, technologies, and factors influencing demand.
- Breakdowns and analyses of the major regions Europe, Asia, North America, and others.
- Detailed information covering applications for cast polymers including kitchens, countertops, lavatories, windows, and doors.
- Evaluation of the industry's structure as well as its supply chain.
- Types of cast polymers covered include cultured marble, cultured granite, cultured quartz, cultured onyx and other solid surface products.
- Further breakdowns by polymer types: polyester, polyamide, PMMA, epoxy resin, and other resins.
- Competitive analysis.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
According to the International Cast Polymer Alliance (ICPA), cast polymers are man-made, chemically-bonded, mineral-filled, polymeric materials which are molded and hardened to a solid material in a variety of shapes that meet diverse design needs.
The ICPA divides cast polymers into three general categories based on the materials and manufacturing methods used: solid surface, engineered composites and engineered stone. This study covers the history, current status and forecast scenario for these three categories of polymers.
The report also analyzes the main applications of cast polymers, including countertops, sinks lavatories, vanities, shower receptors, bathtubs, enclosure sets, fireplace surrounds, window sills, wall panels, floor tiles, whirlpool baths and molding accents.
Regional markets, including China, Asia, Europe, North America and the rest of the world (ROW), have been researched and analyzed, as have the markets of major cast polymer consuming countries.
Technologies and raw material type (resins, fillers, pigments and additives) are also described in this report.
Jason Chen has been an analyst and consultant for the polymer, composite, fiber, textile and energy industries for 15 years. He works as a researcher, writer and/or editor for the American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA), China Textile Academy (CTA), China Chemical Fiber Association (CCFA), International Fiber Journal, Filtration News, Platts Emission Daily, Vision Systems Design, Pesticide and Toxic Chemical News and MobileTex. Currently he is the chief scientist of a company endeavoring to reduce China's air and water pollution. He has a degree in Civil Engineering, Chemicals and Advanced Materials from Shantou University.