EMI/RFI: Materials and Technologies
The global market for EMI/RFI (electromagnetic interference/radio frequency interference) shielding options totaled $5.2 billion in 2013, increasing to nearly $5.4 billion in 2014 and should reach more than $6.6 billion in 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4% for the five-year period, 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global market for products which deal with EMI and RFI problems that are encountered in the operation of electronic equipment, and implications for those plastics and competitive materials and technologies used to suppress that interference.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Examinations of issues surrounding the ever-increasing frequencies being encountered along with the proliferation of wireless devices that may result in the shifting of shielding options; in addition, the impact of other technologies, such as Bluetooth, absorptive EMI, fiber optics, and others will be assessed.
- Analysis of trends in components and devices used in electronics and other industries, such as medical, automotive, and consumer products.
- Identification of the current state of the electronics and other industries, the market for plastics-based shielding options, key participants, shielding technologies, patents, materials, shielding components, and a “time line” of global developments.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The size and the growth of the global market for EMI/RFI shielding products is a function of several factors. Shielding not only closely follows the demand for electronic devices and components, but also is a valuable resource to assist manufacturers in complying with ever-changing safety and performance regulations and standards. Consequently, this study summarizes the somewhat muddled global regulatory environment.
This report identifies the nature of the EMI/RFI problem, noting how shielding and electronics redesign can, in some instances, overcome these problems. Technologies and materials specific to EMI/RFI shielding are also identified and analyzed for their impact on plastics and other materials within a context of trends in components and devices used in the electronics and other industries such as medical, automotive and consumer products.
This report also discusses the current state of the electronics and other related industries, the market for plastics-based shielding options, key participants, shielding technologies, patents, materials, shielding components, global developments, and examples of worldwide regulatory standards and environmental issues confronting the electronic shielding business.
Compound average growth rates (CAGRs) are provided for 2013, 2014 and 2019 in millions of dollars and millions of square feet. An analysis based on “volume” is not feasible because of the many disparate shielding products.
Research analyst Mel Schlechter has more than 40 years of experience in the chemical industry and specializes in plastics market research. He has been with BCC Research for more than a decade and holds a B.S. in chemistry, an M.S. in organic chemistry, and an M.B.A. in marketing.