Engineering Resins, Polymer Alloys and Blends: Global Markets
The global engineering resin and polymer alloy/blend market reached 24.1 billion pounds in 2014. The market is projected to increase to over 25.2 billion pounds by 2015 and nearly 31.4 billion pounds in 2020, with a compound annual growth rate of 4.5%.
- An overview of the global market for engineering resins, along with polymer alloys and blends.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- Segmentation of resins into a wide variety of applications as well as selected commodity thermoplastics and thermosets.
- Discussion of the major materials involved in terms of plant capacities, markets by application, new technologies and products, and rationales for anticipated growth.
- Coverage of key applications, including automotive segmented by under-the-hood, external and interior products; electrical/electronic markets; medical devices/products; building/construction materials; appliances; electronic enclosures; plastic rigid food packaging; and several key smaller markets such as optical lenses and aviation products.
SCOPE OF REPORT
In this report, engineering resins include traditional varieties such as polyamides, polycarbonates, polyacetals, (reinforced) polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and polybutylene terephthalate (PBT), along with alloys/blends, such as polycarbonate-ABS (PC/ABS); polyphenylene oxide/high-impact polystyrene (PPO-HIPS); polyphenylene oxide/polyamides (PPO/polyamide); and polycarbonate-PBT (PC/PBT), among others. Higher-performance engineering resins covered include polysulfones, poly(phenylene-sulfide) (PPS), polyketones and liquid crystal polymers, among others.
The key applications covered include the automotive market segmented by under-the-hood, external and interior products; electronic/electrical markets; medical devices/products; building/construction materials; appliances; plastic rigid food packaging; and several key smaller markets such as optical lenses, aviation products, etc.
Research analyst Mel Schlechter has more than 40 years in the chemical industry, and specializes in plastics market research. He has been with BCC Research for more than a decade and holds a B.S. in chemistry, M.S. in organic chemistry, and an M.B.A. in marketing.