Advanced Orthopedic Technologies, Implants and Regenerative Products
BCC Research estimates that the global market for advanced orthopedics will grow from $35.3 billion in 2013 to nearly $36.4 billion in 2014, continuing to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.0% for the period of 2014 to 2019 reaching nearly $42.2 billion in 2019.
- An overview of the global market for advanced orthopedic technologies, implants, and regenerative products.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- A look at how new items and biotechnological advancements are beginning to revolutionize future growth of the orthopedic device market.
- Segmented analysis based on product categories, product uses, forecasts, as well as competitive analyses.
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the field.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
This study will be a helpful business tool providing a thorough evaluation of the advanced orthopedic market. Its geographic scope is global, with special emphasis on the U.S., Europe and Asia-Pacific. The report identifies markets in three general segments:
- Bone repair and regenerative products.
- Cartilage and soft tissue repair and regenerative products.
- Joint replacement, implants and regenerative products.
Each market segment provides detailed information based on product categories, product use, forecasts and competitive analyses.
Advanced orthopedics deals with those products involving new techniques and next-generation therapies. They provide a significant patient outcome over traditional methods, as well as improving healing and lowering overall care costs. These products incorporate biotechnological advancements and improved methods for dealing with orthopedic injuries and conditions.
Products in this study are considered to be at the forefront of orthopedic device technology. Products not considered advanced include external bracing, slings, casting materials and so forth. Those classified by industry experts as advanced orthopedic products include: human bone products and materials, bone-growth stimulators, synthetic bone replacements, cartilage and soft tissue fixation systems, biologics/biomaterials, complex joint replacement devices, spine devices, and joint fluid replacements.
Melissa Elder is an experienced healthcare market analyst specializing in prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals, medical devices and emerging healthcare technologies. Ms. Elder has nearly 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry, specializing in market research for the past 15 years. This experience has given her substantial insight into pharmaceutical market analysis. Her work in the medical community, including emergency room medical training and healthcare information system coordination, has enhanced her ability to provide insight into many healthcare markets.