The global market for medical robotics and computer-assisted surgical (MRCAS) equipment was worth nearly $2.7 billion in 2013. The market is projected to approach $3.3 billion in 2014 and $4.6 billion by 2019 for a CAGR of 7% for the five-year period, 2014 to 2019.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global market for medical robotics and computer-assisted surgery (MRCAS).
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Examination of the historical and current value of each of the product segments in specified applications and geographical markets.
- Evaluation of the impact of demographic, economic, and other factors that will drive future demand for MRCAS devices.
- Identification of promising new surgical procedures and products still in the development and testing stage, and and the probability that they will be commercialized successfully within the next five years.
GLOBAL SALES OF MRCAS EQUIPMENT, 2013-2019
Source: BCC Research
Download Report Overview
SCOPE AND FORMAT
This report is an analytical business tool with the primary purpose of describing the MRCAS equipment industry and the global market for these devices. MRCAS equipment is defined as computer- or microprocessor-enabled devices and accessories that are physically situated in the operating room and directly assist the surgeon in planning and carrying out surgical procedures. Thus, the scope of the study does not include:
- Devices that provide images and other information but are not an integral part of the MRCAS system, such as preoperative imaging (e.g., CT, MRI) equipment or laboratory and other analytical devices.
- Computerized medical records systems.
- Electronic operating room equipment such as heart monitors that enable the surgical team to monitor the patient’s condition but do not assist the surgeon directly in carrying out the operation.
- Other nonelectronic operating room equipment.
The format of the study is organized around the following topics:
- Major types and applications of MRCAS.
- Industry structure.
- Market size and segmentation, including historical data on sales by application, product type and geographical market.
- Market drivers.
- Detailed market projections through 2019.
- Competition and market shares.
- Observations and conclusions regarding the future of the MRCAS market.
The author of this report is Andrew McWilliams. Mr. McWilliams, a partner in the Boston-based international technology and marketing consulting firm of 43rd Parallel, LLC, is the author of several other BCC Research studies of the surgical and related medical devices markets, including the previous edition of this report; HLC014F Global Markets for Telemedicine Technologies; HLC051F The Market for Minimally Invasive Medical Devices; HLC066B Medical Automation Technologies, Products and Markets; HLC038C Patient Monitoring; HLC016D Microelectronic Medical Implants: Products, Technologies and Opportunities; HLC072B Global Markets and Technologies for Medical Lasers; and HLC082A Emerging Markets for Advanced Medical Technologies.
Download Report Overview