The global market for advanced wound management totaled $8.6 billion in 2013, up from 2011’s value of $7.9 billion. By 2018, this market is likely to reach $11.3 billion, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6%.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global markets for advanced wound care and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012 and 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Information on various products and segments in the market such as biological dressings, surgical sealants, synthetic dressings, anti–adhesion products and other related wound healing products and devices.
- Analyses of key strategies, competitive insights, and developments of key companies in the market.
- A look at how new technological products are competing in a fast track market that seeks to improve the quality of life for millions of individuals needing both acute and chronic wound care.
Download Report Overview
GLOBAL ADVANCED WOUND MANAGEMENT MARKET BY MAJOR MARKET SEGMENT, 2011–2018
Source: BCC Research
SCOPE OF REPORT
This document is designed to be a helpful business tool that will provide a thorough evaluation of the advanced wound management market. The scope of this study is U.S. based and identifies markets in four general segments:
- Advanced dressings.
- Surgical sealants.
- Anti-adhesion products and other related wound healing products.
- Wound healing devices.
Each market segment provides detailed information based on product categories, product use, forecasts and competitive analyses.
Advanced wound management deals with those products that involve new techniques and therapies, are of benefit in healing wounds, and result in overall lower costs for management. They incorporate biotechnological advancements and improved methods for dealing with wounds. Products in this study are considered to be at the forefront of wound management technology.
Traditional wound management products, those that have previously been used in the marketplace, are not addressed in this analysis. Industry experts classify “advanced wound management products” as those that include biological dressings, surgical sealants, synthetic dressings, anti-adhesion products and other related wound healing products
Tracy Cotthoff is an experienced wound care nurse in a high-volume burn center in Portland, Ore. Ms. Cotthoff has been in the medical field for over 21 years. This experience has given her a vast knowledge of medical practices and advances in the industry and new technologies. Her experience in the medical field includes EMT training and nursing, including critical care nursing, which has allowed for her substantial insight into the workings of the healthcare industry. Ms. Cotthoff's experience and knowledge in the wound care industry is pivotal in providing an in-depth review of the wound care industry, its trends, opportunities and new developments.
Melissa Elder is an experienced healthcare market analyst specializing in prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals, medical devices and emerging healthcare technologies. Ms. Elder has nearly 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry, specializing in market research for the past 14 years. This experience has given her a strong understanding of pharmaceutical market analysis. Her work in the medical community, including emergency room medical training and healthcare information system coordination, has enhanced her ability to provide insight into many healthcare markets.
Download Report Overview