Pharmacy Automation: Technologies and Global Markets
The global pharmacy automation market reached nearly $3.0 billion in 2012. This market is expected to grow to nearly $3.2 billion in 2013 and $4.9 billion in 2018 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% over the five-year period, 2013 to 2018
- An overview of the global market for pharmacy automation.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- A market breakdown of inpatient pharmacy automation into acute-care settings and long-term care settings.
- A market breakdown of outpatient pharmacy automation into fast-track clinical settings, hospital retail settings, pharmacy benefit management services, and retail pharmacy chains
- Comprehensive profiles of leading companies in the industry.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
This BCC Research report is designed to be a helpful business tool that will provide a thorough evaluation of the global pharmacy automation market. The geographical scope is global with special emphasis on the United States/Canada and developed Europe, with supplemental data covering other geographical markets and trends. The report identifies pharmacy automation markets by inpatient and outpatient pharmacy settings, and by product type. Within the global pharmacy automation market, there are two general pharmacy settings, each with other subsettings:
- Inpatient pharmacy automation.
- Acute-care settings.
- Long-term-care settings.
- Outpatient pharmacy automation.
- Outpatient/fast-track clinical settings.
- Hospital retail settings.
- Pharmacy benefit management services and other mail-order settings.
- Retail pharmacy chains.
Each segment is further extrapolated to provide detailed information of current and emerging products, current market estimates and market forecasts, and competitive analyses.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Melissa Elder is an experienced healthcare market analyst specializing in prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals, medical devices and emerging healthcare technologies. Ms. Elder has nearly 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry, specializing in market research for the past 15 years. This experience has given her substantial insight into pharmaceutical market analysis. Her work in the medical community, including emergency room medical training and healthcare information system coordination, has enhanced her ability to provide insight into many healthcare markets.