Biometric Authentication and Identification Market - A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on End User, Function, Product Type, Deployment Model and Country - Analysis and Forecast, 2021-2026
Global Biometric Authentication and Identification Market to Reach $8,798.9 Million by 2026
Market Report Coverage - Biometric Authentication and Identification
- End User: Government and Border Management Bodies, Defense Bodies, Banking and Financial Institutes, Commercial Organizations, Healthcare Institutes and Others
- Function: Contact and Contactless
- Product Type: Fingerprint, Face Recognition, Eye and Iris Scanner, Palm and Vein Reader, Voice Recognition, and Others
- Deployment Model: On-Facility, Mobile and Tablets, Personal Computers, and Wearables
- North America: U.S. and Canada
- Europe: France, Germany, Russia, U.K., and Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific: China, Japan, India, Australia, and Rest-of-Asia-Pacific
- Rest-of-the-World: Africa, Latin America, Middle East
Market Growth Drivers
- Data Breach and Cybersecurity Threats - Creating Demand for Secure Biometric Solution
- Technology Advancement Toward Usage of Next-Gen Biometric Solutions (AI-Driven and Multi-Biometric Solutions)
- Lack of Standardized Regulatory Framework Specific to Biometric Data Protection
- Cost Concerns for End Users to Launch Biometric Solutions as Direct Paid Service
- Move Toward Deployment of Digital and Contactless Identities Over Physical/Plastic Identity Credentials
Key Companies Profiled
ASSA ABLOY, Fingerprint Cards AB, Fujitsu Limited, IDEMIA, NEC Corporation, Precise Biometrics AB, Secunt Security Networks AG, Siemens, Thales Group
How This Report Can Add Value
Product/Innovation Strategy: The product segment helps the readers in understanding the different types of biometric authentication and identification platforms and their market potential globally. Moreover, the study provides the readers a detailed understanding of the end-user, function, product type, and deployment model on which they are integrated. Additionally, the cross segmentation of end-user by product type and deployment model is also provided.
Growth/Marketing Strategy: Players operating in the global biometric authentication and identification market are developing innovative products to enhance the capabilities of their product offerings. Growth/marketing strategies will help the readers understand the revenue-generating strategies adopted by the players operating in the global biometric authentication and identification market. For instance, in December 2020, Siemens AG announced its plans to integrate BioSec technology in its time and access platform. The integration will allow the company to scan approximately 5 million reference points under a second and support contactless scanning, hence improving their operational speed and accuracy. Moreover, other strategies adopted by the market players will help the readers make strategic decisions, such as go-to-market strategies.
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- What are the upcoming trends in the global biometric authentication and identification market across different regions?
- What are the major driving forces expected to increase the demand for biometric authentication and identification during the forecast period 2021-2026?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global biometric authentication and identification market?
- What was the revenue generated in the global biometric authentication and identification market by various segments in 2020, and what are the estimates by 2026?
- Which end user of the global biometric authentication and identification market is expected to dominate the market in the coming years?
- What is the estimated revenue to be generated by the global biometric authentication and identification market across different regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World) during the forecast period?
- Who are the key players in the global biometric authentication and identification market, and what are the new strategies that they are adopting to make a mark in the industry?
- What is the competitive strength of the key leading players in the global biometric authentication and identification market?
Global Biometric Authentication and Identification Market
The global biometric authentication and identification market will remain at the peak of its maturity over coming years and continue to proliferate through the new scope of applications, but the segments like fingerprint and facial recognition will witness a notable shift in consumer behavior due to COVID-19. Integration of several technologies like artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing within the biometric authentication system has notably increased the business opportunities of the market.
The latest trend is biometric authentication, and the identification market is offering authentication as a service instead of a turnkey solution. Companies are exploring possibilities of cloud computing and cloud storage to reduce the overall operation cost while offering consumers with desired security measures. Reduced reliability on hardware and increasing maturity, operational capability, and accuracy of software will define the growth areas of the market.
Global Biometric Authentication and Identification Industry Overview
The rise in the data breach, malware attacks, and other cybercrimes faced by several countries like the U.S., Canada, Russia, France, Germany, U.K., India, China, Japan, and Australia, among others, has forced government bodies and other organizations to increase their level of security and authentication system, generating notable demand for global biometric authentication and identification market. This biometric authentication system is one of the most secure and reliable access management solutions that is adopted by nations across the globe. Several developed and developing economies have already established a mass identification program to identify their citizens and optimize their legal operations.
Increasing integration and usage of biometric authentication and identification ensure that safety and security are being elevated to a certain level but using it in public places has created a resistance stating the reason for breaching an individual’s privacy without their consent. No regulatory body or landscape is adhering to such problems, which is one of the biggest challenges of the market.
The global biometric authentication and identification market is estimated to reach $8,798.9 million in 2026, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.30% during the forecast period 2021-2026.
Global Biometric Authentication and Identification Market by End User
The government bodies within the end user of global biometric authentication and identification market will capture the highest market share over coming years. The growth can be attributed to the mass identification initiatives taken by government bodies across the globe. Integration of biometric authentication in several government operations like public commutation and education has also spurred opportunities within the segment.
Global Biometric Authentication and Identification Market by Function
The contactless segment within the deployment model of the global biometric authentication and identification market will witness the highest growth rate over the coming years. The major driving factor within the contactless segment is the shift in consumer behavior post the COVID-19 pandemic. With increasing concerns toward social distancing and emphasis on avoiding public surfaces, the consumer is inclining toward contactless authentication systems like face recognition and iris recognition.
Global Biometric Authentication and Identification Market by Product Type
The fingerprint segment within the product type of global biometric authentication and identification market will capture the highest share, whereas face recognition will witness the highest growth rate over the coming years. Attributes like the ease of integration, economical application cost, and user-friendly ecosystem are the primary factors supporting acceptance of fingerprint authentication systems. The integration of fingerprint authentication systems post-pandemic was so aggressive that it will cater to the higher market share even in several coming years.
Global Biometric Authentication and Identification Market by Deployment Method
The on-facility segment within the deployment of the model of biometric authentication and identification system will cater to the highest market share in terms of value. The varied scope of application like integration in enterprise, government facilities, on nation’s borders, and airport among others for access control has allowed the segment to claim the highest market share.
Global Biometric Authentication and Identification Market by Region
North America is expected to account for the highest share of the global biometric authentication and identification market. This is due to a significant number of companies based in the region, and increased spending by government organizations toward procurement and implementation of biometric authentication and identification system.
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
ASSA ABLOY, Fingerprint Cards AB, Fujitsu, IDEMIA, NEC Corporation, Precise Biometrics, Secunet Security Networks, Siemens AG, Thales Group
The companies that are profiled in the report have been selected post undergoing in-depth interviews with experts and understanding details around companies such as product portfolio, annual revenues, market penetration, research and development initiatives, and domestic and international presence in the biometric authentication and identification industry.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.
Similar Reports from BIS Research
Global Biometric Authentication and Identification Market: Focus on Modality (Face, Eye, Fingerprint, Palm, and Vein), Motility, Application, and Technology Trends Analysis and Forecast: 2018-2023
The report presents a detailed market analysis including an in-depth study of the market drivers, opportunities, challenges, and growth trends mapped across segments. The market is segmented based on modality, motility, application, and regional presence. The increasing risk of data breaches along with privacy concerns among consumers, is one of the crucial issues to be looked upon in the current ...