Graphene: Technologies, Applications and Markets
BCC Research estimates the global graphene-based products market to be worth $1.5 million in 2015. The market should continue to grow from $310.4 million in 2020 to $2.1 billion by 2025, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 46.3%.
- An overview of the global markets for graphene, with specific coverage of graphene technologies and applications
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020, and through 2025
- Discussion of graphene technologies which are likely to achieve significant commercial sales in the next five to ten years and quantitative estimates of potential sales
- Analysis of applications including:
- Data storage
- Thermal management
- Solar cells
- Sensing and imaging
- Structural materials
- Miscellaneous other applications
- Information specific to graphene technologies, largely nontechnical in nature
- A look at the availability of government and corporate research funding for different technologies and applications
- Profiles of major players in the industry
The report addresses emerging global markets for graphene, including the applications listed below:
- Computing/data processing.
- Data storage.
- Thermal management.
- Solar cells.
- Sensing and imaging.
- Structural materials.
- Miscellaneous other applications.
The study format includes and/or addresses the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- General properties of graphene.
- Historical milestones in the development of graphene.
- Emerging and developmental graphene technologies and applications that have the greatest commercial potential through 2025.
- Detailed market estimates and projections for each application and material during the period from 2015 to 2020.
- General assessment of expected market trends in the longer term (2020 to 2025).
- Companies that are producing or developing commercial graphene applications.
- Patent analysis.
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
Significant sales of graphene products are expected to develop between 2013 and 2018. The market is projected to be worth almost $195 million by 2018, reaching $1.3 billion by 2023, with a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 47.1% from 2018 to 2023.
- An overview of the global markets for graphene, with coverage of graphene technologies and applications.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013 and 2018 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023.
- Discussion of graphene technologies which are likely to achieve significant commercial sales in the next five to ten years and quantitative estimates of potential sales.
- Information specific to graphene technologies, largely nontechnical in nature.
- Findings concerning the market including the availability of government and corporate research funding for different technologies and applications.
The global market for graphene-based products is projected to reach $122.9 million in 2017 and $986.7 million in 2022, increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 51.7%.
BCC expects the first commercially significant sales of graphene products to develop before 2015 when the market is projected to be as large as $67 million. The graphene market should start to take off after 2015, reaching nearly $675 million by 2020, reflecting a 58.7% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2015 and 2020.