Graphene: Technologies, Applications and Markets
BCC Research estimates the global graphene-based products market to be worth $1.5 million in 2015. The market should continue to grow from $310.4 million in 2020 to $2.1 billion by 2025, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 46.3%.
- An overview of the global markets for graphene, with specific coverage of graphene technologies and applications
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020, and through 2025
- Discussion of graphene technologies which are likely to achieve significant commercial sales in the next five to ten years and quantitative estimates of potential sales
- Analysis of applications including:
- Data storage
- Thermal management
- Solar cells
- Sensing and imaging
- Structural materials
- Miscellaneous other applications
- Information specific to graphene technologies, largely nontechnical in nature
- A look at the availability of government and corporate research funding for different technologies and applications
- Profiles of major players in the industry
The report addresses emerging global markets for graphene, including the applications listed below:
- Computing/data processing.
- Data storage.
- Thermal management.
- Solar cells.
- Sensing and imaging.
- Structural materials.
- Miscellaneous other applications.
The study format includes and/or addresses the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- General properties of graphene.
- Historical milestones in the development of graphene.
- Emerging and developmental graphene technologies and applications that have the greatest commercial potential through 2025.
- Detailed market estimates and projections for each application and material during the period from 2015 to 2020.
- General assessment of expected market trends in the longer term (2020 to 2025).
- Companies that are producing or developing commercial graphene applications.
- Patent analysis.
Andrew McWilliams spent more than 25 years as a consultant with Ernst & Young, McKinsey & Company and A.T. Kearny focused on manufacturing before segueing into research analysis. He has been covering myriad technology categories for BCC Research for more than 15 years. McWilliams has a BA from Princeton University and an MA from Harvard University. He has worked in more than 40 countries and he resides in the greater Boston area.
- The Market for Minimally Invasive Medical Devices (HLC051H)
- Global Markets for 3D Printing (MFG074A)
- FinTech: Investment, Innovation, Ideology and Technology (FIN001A)
- Terahertz Radiation Systems: Technologies and Global Markets (IAS029F)
- Global Hydrogen Economy: Merchant Hydrogen and Hydrogen Purification Technologies (EGY055E)
Significant sales of graphene products are expected to develop between 2013 and 2018. The market is projected to be worth almost $195 million by 2018, reaching $1.3 billion by 2023, with a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 47.1% from 2018 to 2023.
- An overview of the global markets for graphene, with coverage of graphene technologies and applications.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013 and 2018 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023.
- Discussion of graphene technologies which are likely to achieve significant commercial sales in the next five to ten years and quantitative estimates of potential sales.
- Information specific to graphene technologies, largely nontechnical in nature.
- Findings concerning the market including the availability of government and corporate research funding for different technologies and applications.
The global market for graphene-based products is projected to reach $122.9 million in 2017 and $986.7 million in 2022, increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 51.7%.
BCC expects the first commercially significant sales of graphene products to develop before 2015 when the market is projected to be as large as $67 million. The graphene market should start to take off after 2015, reaching nearly $675 million by 2020, reflecting a 58.7% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2015 and 2020.