Video Games: Global Markets
The global market for video gaming should grow from $169.2 billion in 2020 to $272.4 billion by 2025 at compound annual growth rates (CAGR) of 10.0% for the period of 2020-2025.
- 37 data tables and 26 additional tables
- An overview of the global video gaming market and discussion on its key market developments
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019, estimates for 2020 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Analysis of market trends and identification of new opportunities, challenges, and technological changes within the industry
- A look into the development of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) in the video gaming industry and discussion on educational applications of video games
- Highlights of current and future market potential, market size, and market share analysis based on genre, mode, type, platform and region
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players of the industry, including Apple Inc., Epic Games Inc, Microsoft Corp., Sony Corp., and Tencent Holdings Ltd.
In this report, the market has been segmented based on genre, mode, platform and geography. The report provides an overview of the global video gaming market and analyzes market trends. Using 2019 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for the forecast period, 2020-2025. Revenue forecasts for this period are segmented based on genre, mode, platform and geography. Market values have been estimated based on the total revenue of video game developers. Video gaming publishers can earn revenue from games through various processes. The methods of monetizing games vary, especially between different genres or platforms. Revenues benefit developers, copyright owners and other stakeholders. Some important revenue streams for video game publishers include retail purchases, digital distribution, subscription models, microtransactions, downloadable content, player trading and advertising.
The report covers the market for video games with regard to the user base, across different regions. It also highlights major trends and challenges that affect the market and the vendor landscape. The report estimates the global market for video games in 2019 and provides projections for the expected market size through 2025.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.