Global Markets for Nondestructive Testing Equipment and Services
The global market for nondestructive testing (NDT) equipment and services reached $15.8 billion in 2016. This market should reach more than $17.2 billion in 2017 and $26.4 billion by 2022, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.9% through 2022.
- An overview of the nondestructive testing (NDT) market.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022.
- Identification of companies actively engaged in the development and manufacture of NDT equipment.
- A look at key NDT technologies, including their individual histories and applications.
- Discussion of key NDT end-user markets and sales by the technologies used within each market.
- Relevant patent analysis.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
The report has been prepared in a clear, easily understandable format with a number of tables and charts/figures. The scope of the report includes a detailed study of global and regional markets for various types of NDT technologies and necessary equipment suitable for these technologies, as well as the market for NDT services offered by different companies around the world. This study provides an overview of NDT, developmental history of various NDT technologies, profiles of market leaders in NDT business and their new products as well as the consolidation trends within the industry.
Srinivasa Rajaram, the analyst who compiled this report, is a mechanical engineer with more than 40 years of experience in designing factory layouts and setting up factories. He has established factories for the production of weighing machines and dynamic balancing machines in India and has experience in the design, production and servicing of that equipment. He was senior vice president of M/S Schenck Avery Ltd., an Indo-German joint venture, and established the company’s electronics department for manufacturing various types of electronic weighing and dynamic balancing equipment. He has authored several technology market research reports for BCC Research.
- The total U.S. market for nondestructive testing (NDT) technologies is valued at nearly $2.5 billion in 2010. This market is forecast at more than $2.3 billion in 2015, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of -0.9% between 2010 and 2015.
- Nondestructive testing techniques play a crucial role in the manufacturing sector. Preliminary data for 2010 indicate that the U.S. manufacturing sector is recovering. BCC estimates the 2010 market for manufacturing NDT equipment at about $422 million, or 2% more than in 2009. By 2015, the market will exceed $590 million, a 6.9% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) since 2010.
- The U.S. aerospace industry purchased about $269 million worth of NDT equipment and supplies in 2009, a figure that is projected to decline to $265 million in 2010. By 2015, this sector is expected to be worth nearly $316 million, reflecting a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6%.
The U.S. nondestructive testing equipment market was worth some $2.2 billion in 2005, including baggage and cargo inspection systems that use NDT technologies. This market is projected to expand at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 5.1% between 2006 and 2011, growing from $2.3 billion in 2006 to nearly $3.1 billion in 2011.
Transportation security is by far the largest and one of the fastest-growing, markets for NDT equipment and supplies. Other major markets, in order of size, include manufacturing (particularly electronics), power generation, and chemicals/petrochemicals.
The NDT techniques expected to experience the fastest growth over the next 5 years are x-ray radiography, visual/optical/photonic inspection and infrared/thermal imaging.
The U.S. nondestructive testing equipment market currently stands at $1,380 million and is projected to grow at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 5.1% reaching $1,769 million by 2008.
The NDT techniques expected to experience the fastest growth over the next 5 years are x-ray radiography and infrared and thermal imaging, driven by homeland security issues.
Transportation security currently makes up 32% of the market and is also the fastest growing application, with an AAGR of 7.1%.
Film-based radiographic testing, liquid penetrant, and magnetic particle testing are expected to continue their long-term decline, as they do not easily lend themselves to automation or computerization.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.