Global Red mPhosphor Market – A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Product Types and Their Applications, and Countries - Analysis and Forecast, 2020-2025
The Red Phosphor Industry Set to Create an Annual $612.52 Billion Revenue Opportunity for Several End-Use Applications Globally by 2025.
- Market Report Coverage - Red Phosphor
- Application (Electronics, Chemical, Agriculture, Metallurgy, Others)
- Products (General Purity, High Purity)
- North America - U.S., Canada, and Mexico
- Europe – Germany, France, Italy, and Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific and Japan– Japan, India, South-Korea, and Rest-of-APAC
- South America
- Middle East and Africa
Market Growth Drivers
- High Recovery and Recycle Rate
- Rising Demand for Semiconductors
- Advancements in Agriculture Through Red Phosphorous
- Stringent Government Regulations Regarding In-House Production
- Less Reactive than White-Phosphorus
- Increasing Mining Rates
- Targeting Chinese and Southeast Asian Market
Key Companies Profiled
Nippon Chemical Industrial Co., Ltd., Rasa Industries Ltd, Wylton China Chemical Co., Ltd, Jinding Group Co., Ltd, Clariant AG, BASF SE, Prasol Chemicals Private Limited, Spectrum Chemical Mfg. Corp., Guangzhou Chemicals Co., Ltd, Celestin Petroleum Co. Ltd, RIN KAGAKU KOGYO Co., Ltd., Smart-elements GmbH, Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited, Changzhou Junlin Chemical Co., Ltd., and UPL Ltd.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What was the revenue generated by the global red phosphor market in 2019, and what is the revenue expected to be generated by the market by 2025?
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global red phosphor market?
- How is the global red phosphor market expected to grow during the forecast period based on the segments? The segments are:
- Others (Pyrotechnics and Explosives)
- Region (North America, Europe, U.K., China, Asia-Pacific and Japan, South America, and the Middle East and Africa)?
- What are the key development strategies implemented by the major players in order to sustain in the competitive market?
- What are the key regulatory implications in developed and developing regions for red phosphor?
- Which are the leading players with significant offerings to the global red phosphor market? What is the current market dominance for each of these leading players?
The global red phosphor market’s growth is mainly attributed to the increased demand for matchsticks, flame retardants, semiconductors, and fertilizers in multiple application areas such as automotive, agriculture, and pyrotechnics. Additionally, the implementation of government laws and regulations across the globe limits the production and import of red phosphor. This discourages the demand for red phosphor on a global scale. The increasing emphasis on advanced and innovative technologies and products in the red phosphor industry creates several opportunities for the manufacturers to expand their revenue stream and product portfolios by using the 6N and 7N type red phosphorous in the semiconductor and electronics sector for developing and manufacturing innovative products.
The global red phosphor market accounted for $476.16 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach $612.52 billion by 2025. The market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.56% during the forecast period 2020-2025. The market growth is mainly attributed to the rising number of applications for red phosphor, increasing adoption and awareness rates, and heavy investments made in the research and development of red phosphor-based end-use products and solutions in the industry and its development. In addition, governments are coming up with policies and laws to encourage the import of red phosphorous in a transparent manner, which is expected to drive market growth during the forecast period.
COVID-19 has hit the red phosphor industry hard in terms of import of raw-material, transportation, and maintenance of a smooth supply-demand. The unavailability of sufficient raw material has created an imbalance in supply for medium-scale manufacturers as well as small-scale and medium-scale end users.
Earlier, the applications of red phosphor were limited to matchsticks and fertilizers, but the innovation and development of red phosphor-based electronics such as semiconductors and transistors boost the capabilities of red phosphor in the mentioned industries. The red phosphor manufactured currently has significantly higher shock resistance as compared to its alternatives such as white, black, or yellow phosphorus.
Continuous product expansions (launches and enhancements) are some of the business strategies executed in the red phosphor market. Several companies, including BASF SE, Clariant AG, Nippon Chemical Industrial Co., Ltd, and Wylton (China) Chemicals Co., Ltd. have been involved in product launches and enhancements.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.