Global Markets and Technologies for Smart Glass
The global market for smart glass reached nearly $2.8 billion in 2017 and should reach nearly $5.1 billion by 2022, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.4% for the period of 2017-2022.
- 45 data table and 54 additional tables
- Coverage of industrial evolution and milestones in the history of smart glass
- An overview of technology, including materials and fabrication processes, and identification of the current and emerging end-user industries
- Discussion of the technological, regulatory, and economic trends that are affecting the smart glass market
- Comprehensive company profiles of major Players in the Market including Armor Usa, Asahi Glass Co., Ltd., Iglass Technology Inc., Kinestral Technologies Inc., Murakami Corp., Saint-Gobain, Smart Glass Systems Inc.
The scope of the report covers an overview and clear understanding of the global market scenario of smart glass and an analysis of global market trends, with market data for 2016 considered the base year, 2017 the estimate year and a forecast for 2022 with a projection of Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) during 2017 to 2022. Market data in value and volume is provided at global and regional level for all major technologies and end-user industries of smart glass.
The report covers discussion of technological, regulatory and economic trends that are affecting the smart glass market. The report has a review of smart glass technology, including materials and fabrication processes and identifies the current and emerging end-user industries for this technology. It also explains the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges and regional dynamics of the global smart glass market, current trends within the industry and presents the growth forecasts for the next five years. The market is further segmented and forecasted for major countries such as the U.S., Canada, Germany, Spain, U.K., China, India and others.
The different technologies of smart glass considered in the report includes electrochromic, photochromic, thermochromic, suspended particle, micro-blind and polymer dispersed liquid crystal devices. The report further includes discussion of end-user industries such as transportation and aerospace, construction, electronics and optoelectronics, and other end-user industries.
The report concludes with a special focus on the competitive landscape which includes the key strategies adopted by the manufacturers and detailed profiles of major manufacturers, along with their key events, latest process developments and market shares in the global smart glass market.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
The global market for smart glass-based products increased from nearly $1.8 billion in 2013 to $1.9 billion in 2014. This market is estimated to be valued at nearly $2.1 billion in 2015 and $3.3 billion by 2020, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.4% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets for smart glass.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Descriptions and information on smart glass types and fabrication technologies.
- Highlights of new technological developments in smart glass manufacturing while outlining technical issues.
- Identification of important technology and market trends within each market segment.
- Examination of the market's dynamics including drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the smart glass industry.
The global market for smart glass-based products increased from $883.1 million in 2009 to $1.2 billion in 2010, and was valued at nearly $1.6 billion in 2011. The market is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.6% from 2011 to 2016, reaching global revenues of nearly $4.2 billion in 2016.
- The global market for smart glass applications was worth $1.0 billion in 2008, a figure that is expected to reach $1.9 billion in 2013, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.8%.
- Transportation applications dominate the market, generating $889.0 million in 2008. This should reach $1.6 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 12.3%.
- Construction applications have the second largest market share, worth $138.7 million in 2008. This should increase at a CAGR of 9.5% to reach $218.3 million in 2013.