Metal and Ceramic Injection Molding
The global metal and ceramic injection molding industry (MIM) for 2012 is estimated to be $1.51 billion. This market is expected to show a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4% over the next six years, reaching $2.88 billion in 2018.
- An overview of the global market for ceramic and metal injection molding (MIM) technologies, covering both powder and liquid processes for the metal injection segment.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Reviews and analysis of the patents awarded in the CIM and MIM technologies, by technology, by year and by geography; discussion on trends.
- Detailed analysis of various supplier products and technologies supporting the MIM marketplace, by technology and by geography; includes comprehensive lists of suppliers by product.
- Detailed analysis of various application markets for MIM technologies, such as firearms, medical and dental and watch making; includes comprehensive lists of customers by industry.
- Descriptions of the diverse products that can be made via powder metal injection molding and thixo-molding technologies, and the different markets for parts, including automotive, aerospace, consumer products, industrial, medical, dental and the 3C industry; materials used in each.
The report summarizes the market trends in the MIM and CIM industry globally. Although the emphasis is mainly on the MIM market, the CIM market is discussed in as much detail as possible.
Industry basics of both Metal and Ceramic Injection Molding are provided in separate chapters, after the Executive Summary.
In addition, three separate chapters analyze the supply side, production side and end-user markets of the MIM and CIM industry. The supply side chapter covers powder manufacturers, feedstock manufacturers and equipment makers who support the MIM and CIM industry. Application markets are analyzed in detail, especially for the firearms market. Here the four subcategories of pistols, revolvers, rifles and shotguns are presented in terms of numbers, major players and trends.
Patents related to MIM and CIM are analyzed in the subsequent chapter. The final chapter provides detailed profiles of nearly 200 top companies, including patents owned by each and company financials where specific data is available.
Since the industry is highly technical in nature, the report has a strong focus on the technical details of the industry, and should provide numerous tips, guidance and data sets to companies already working in the MIM industry with one material or process and want to branch out into other materials and processes.
Vijay Subramanian has a Ph.D. in Materials Science from the University of Cincinnati, and extensive experience in the field of materials and their global markets. He worked for more than a decade in the automotive industry in the U.S., and later in India, and owns several U.S. patents. Dr. Subramanian has authored reports for BCC Research since 2012. Dr. Subramanian lives with his wife and two daughters in Kochi, India.
- The global market for powder metal injection molding is expected to be worth $984.9 million in 2009. This should increase to $1.9 billion in 2014, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.9%.
- Global sales for ceramic injection molding components are expected to reach $394.5 million in 2009 and $801.0 million in 2014, a CAGR of 15.2%.
- Liquid metal molding is expected to generate global revenues of $315.8 million in 2009. This should reach $465.0 million in 2014, for a CAGR of 8.1%.
- The global metal injection molding market will expand at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 8.4% from $382 million in 2004 to a healthy $571 million by 2009.
- The market in Japan is the fastest growing, at an AAGR of 10.6%, and is expected to reach $185 million by 2009.
- The U.S. market is the largest, but will grow more slowly at an AAGR of 7.2% to $240 million by 2009.
- The rest of Asia (includes China) and European markets will both rise at AAGRs of 7.9% to $35 million and $111 million, respectively.