Biologic Therapies for Wound Care: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for wound care biologics is estimated to increase from $2.2 billion in 2021 to $3.4 billion by 2026, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.3% during the forecast period of 2021-2026.
- 23 data tables and 44 additional tables
- An up-to-date overview of the global markets for wound care biologics within the industry
- Analyses of the global market trends, with historic revenue (sales) data for 2019-2021, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Characterization and quantification of the market potential for wound care biologics, and market size estimation and forecast by product type, composition, application, end user vertical, and geographic region
- Description of the integumentary system, wound classifications and wound healing process, and discussion on ECM composition and its importance in skin wound healing
- Insight into the recent government regulations, reimbursement procedures, technological updates, 510 (K) approvals, and active clinical trials in wound care biologics that can shape the future marketplace
- In-depth information (facts and figures) concerning market drivers, challenges and issues, and other macroeconomic forces influencing the progress of this market
- Market share analysis of the key companies operating in the industry and Porter’s five forces analysis and their impact on the global market for wound care biologics
- Descriptive company profiles of major global players, including AlloSource, Bioventus LLC, BioTissue Inc., Integra LifeSciences Corp., MiMedx, Stryker Corp., and Smith & Nephew, Plc.
This report studies the global market for wound care biologics. It describes different types of wound care biologics, including cellular and/or tissue-based products (CTPs), skin substitutes and topical agents, and their current and historical market revenues.
Skin substitutes are categorized into acellular and cellular composition, as well as biologic and bioengineered materials. Biologic skin substitutes are categorized into allografts and acellular animal derived tissue-based products or xenografts. Bioengineered skin substitutes are categorized into cellular and acellular or biosynthetic.
This report also studies applications for biologics in the care of chronic wounds and acute wounds. The market for chronic wounds includes venous leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, and arterial and other ulcers. The market for acute wounds includes surgical and traumatic wounds and burns. An in-depth analysis of the market includes historical data and market projections based on sales by product type, application, end user and region. The report provides discusses the competitive landscape, key competitors and their respective market shares.
The scope of this report does not include biologics used for soft tissue reinforcement during plastic and reconstructive surgery. Such surgery is performed to treat structures of the human body that are affected aesthetically or functionally due to defects and abnormalities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2020|
|Forecast period considered||2021-2026|
|Base year market size||$1.8 billion|
|Market size forecast||$3.4 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 9.3% from 2021 to 2026|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||Type, Application, End User|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World (RoW)|
|Countries covered||U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Poland, Belgium, Austria, Netherlands, Russia, Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, New Zealand, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Market Drivers||