Markets for Advanced Wound Management Technologies
The global market for advanced wound management totaled $8.6 billion in 2013, up from 2011’s value of $7.9 billion. By 2018, this market is likely to reach $11.3 billion, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6%.
- An overview of the global markets for advanced wound care and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012 and 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Information on various products and segments in the market such as biological dressings, surgical sealants, synthetic dressings, anti–adhesion products and other related wound healing products and devices.
- Analyses of key strategies, competitive insights, and developments of key companies in the market.
- A look at how new technological products are competing in a fast track market that seeks to improve the quality of life for millions of individuals needing both acute and chronic wound care.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This document is designed to be a helpful business tool that will provide a thorough evaluation of the advanced wound management market. The scope of this study is U.S. based and identifies markets in four general segments:
- Advanced dressings.
- Surgical sealants.
- Anti-adhesion products and other related wound healing products.
- Wound healing devices.
Each market segment provides detailed information based on product categories, product use, forecasts and competitive analyses.
Advanced wound management deals with those products that involve new techniques and therapies, are of benefit in healing wounds, and result in overall lower costs for management. They incorporate biotechnological advancements and improved methods for dealing with wounds. Products in this study are considered to be at the forefront of wound management technology.
Traditional wound management products, those that have previously been used in the marketplace, are not addressed in this analysis. Industry experts classify “advanced wound management products” as those that include biological dressings, surgical sealants, synthetic dressings, anti-adhesion products and other related wound healing products
MELISSA ELDER is a healthcare market analyst specializing in treatments, medical equipment and devices. As a research analyst for more than 20 years, she also worked in medical training and advanced medical technologies. She holds a B.S. degree in business management and is pursuing an MBA in health care management from California Coast University.
The total market for advanced wound care reached at $3.4 billion in 2010. It is expected to reach at $3.6 billion in 2011; it will further grow to $4.6 billion by 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.9%.
- The U.S. market for advanced wound care will increase from $3.0 billion in 2007 to an estimated $3.5 billion by the end of 2008. It should reach $6.0 billion in 2013, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.7%.
- Wound care dressings, sealants and anti-adhesion products have the largest share of the market, worth $1.7 billion in 2007. This is expected to increase to more than $1.8 billion in 2008 and more than $3.0 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 10.0%.
- Wound healing devices have the second largest market share, generating $1.3 billion in 2007 and an estimated $1.6 billion in 2008. This should increase at a CAGR of 13.4% to reach $3.0 billion in 2013.
The total U.S. market for advanced wound care technologies was worth more than $2.3 billion in 2005. By the end of 2006 the market will reach almost $2.6 billion, and over a five-year period will grow at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 12.3% to reach $4.6 billion in 2011.
Wound care dressings, sealants, and antiadhesion products held the largest market share through the forecast period by a small margin, with 59.2% of the total market in 2006. By the end of 2011 the segment will hold 55% of the total U.S. market.
Wound healing devices account for a smaller portion of revenues with nearly 1.1 billion in estimated sales for 2006 or 40.8% of revenues. Products in this segment include electrostimulation products, hyperbaric oxygen therapies, vacuum assisted therapies, and other products.
The total U.S. market for advanced wound care was estimated at more than $1.7 billion in 2003 and is expected to rise at an AAGR (average annual growth rate) of 10.2% to $2.8 billion.
Biological dressings, surgical sealants, synthetic dressings and other wound healing products account for $1.1 billion and will rise at an AAGR of 7.2%.
Wound healing devices, e.g., electrostimulation products, hyperbaric oxygen therapies and vacuum-assisted therapies, account for a smaller portion with $608.2 million in sales but are rising faster at an AAGR of 15%.
- The total U.S. market for wound care products in 2000 exceeded $2.1 billion. Growing at an average annual rate (AAGR) of 10.1%, this market is forecast to exceed $3.4 billion in 2005.
- The market share for wound closing technologies will rise from 58.7% to over 63% in 2005, as this segment rises at an AAGR of 11.7%.
- At 34%, synthetic dressings represent the second largest market segment, but, growing at an AAGR of 7.1%, will drop to 30% in 2005.
- Biological and biosynthetic dressings will feature the fastest growth, rising at an AAGR of 14.2% during the period.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.